No post beeps

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hello, I am having trouble with post boot on with my first home build PC. I am using a ASUS M5A 78L-MX plus motherboard. I purchased this system as a complete barebones kit from Tiger Direct. The motherboard has two DDR3 memory slots which can handle up to 8 Gb of ram. The kit comes with one 4 Gb stick which is what I am using. I performed a out of case build to make sure that the PC would at least boot before I instaledl it in the case. I have been having trouble with this kit for some time. I have replaced the motherboard and the CPU and I still have the same issue which is the computer powers up all the fans work but no display on the monitor and no post beeps. Today I removed the ram stick and powered the system and now I have some post beeps but as soon I reinstall the memory it goes back to the same thing nothing. I have moved the memory to the second slot and nothing different happens. I guess what I am asking is do I have a bad stick of memory? Thanks for the help.

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
If there is no display and all boots up well with no beeps, look twards your display, if you have an added on graphics card, make sure your mobo is mounted on the gold screws ( that was my error once ) also this sounds elementary but make sure your getting power to every thing that needs it

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Thank you for the advice. I am using the on board graphics and I have tried another working monitor with the same result. If my display was an issue would I still get a beep?

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

I am using the on board VGA port on the motherboard to connect my monitor. The CPU fan does work and I have not tested the PSU because it is brand new. I hope this information helps you help me.

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

You have to be kidding me. I ordered this computer as complete build from Tiger Direct. I have already ordered memory from crucial this is the part number for the new memory CT2KIT25664BA1339. Is there a way that you could tell if my new memory is compatible?

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Thank you for all of your help. I will let you know if the memory takes care of my issue. I will not be able to work on it until next week due to being being out of town for the holidays But I will let you know for sure. Thanks again

posborne

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Hello, I just wanted to touch base with you about my new build issues that you helped me with last week. I have finally returned home from traveling and I just installed my new memory I purchased from crucial and now I am getting the post sounds I need to hear and now the computer will boot to BIOS. Thanks again for all your help. And also what is the best way to make sure what RAM is compatible with certain mother boards? Wish me luck on the rest of the build. I could have gotten this far without you.

TRENDING THREADS