Question No Post - Black Screen/Stand by

Aug 31, 2020
Alright, so this has been a long journey trying to get this PC up and running...

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor & AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

- ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler & Stock cooler

- Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

- Corsair Vengeance LED 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 & Hyper X Predator DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 8 GB)

-
XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card & EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card

- EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2

I started with the 2600, Arctic cooler, Corsair RAM, and the XFX GPU. The computer starts up, fans are spinning and it looks good but the monitor is still in stand by. I originally thought it was due to the RAM being incompatible so I replaced it with the Hyper X but the issue remained.

I've checked multiple 'NO POST' forums and have checked everything. I bought the little speakers but there is no beep so...

I tested the PSU voltage and there is no problem there.
I sent the motherboard in for RMA and the result was "No trouble found after tests with multiple configurations."
Returned the 2600 and bought the 2600X.
Tried the DVI and HDMI port on the GPU.
Tried multiple CPU cables.
Replaced the XFX with my 1070 from my current rig and the issue remains.

I began thinking it was a bios issue but the website says it should be compatible.

Maybe there is a problem with the VGA cable?

I am completely at a loss. I ended up purchasing the MSI B450 but have not received that yet and if I am being honest, I don't expect much.

Any insight on this matter would be so incredibly appreciated at this point since I am ready to yeet this thing out the window.

-Sarah

I know you said you have checked multiple 'NO POST' forums but;
Have you cleared the CMOS with the PC unplugged?
Have you tried booting with just 1 stick of RAM?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Just for clarity can you list your monitor as well?

Aug 31, 2020
I know you said you have checked multiple 'NO POST' forums but;
Have you cleared the CMOS with the PC unplugged?
Have you tried booting with just 1 stick of RAM?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
Just for clarity can you list your monitor as well?

The monitor is an old LG model IPS235V.
I did not mess with the CMOS since I sent it for RMA. Figured that was not an issue since Gigabyte can 'test multiple configs.'
I tested with no drives connected and with just 1 RAM stick.

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2020
So I reset the CMOS or at least I think I did however nothing happened. I've been googling how to remove the battery but it looks like a pain.

Aug 31, 2020
It would be helpful if you identified which MSI B450 motherboard you are using.
Did you try booting with 1 stick of Corsair RAM in slot DIMMA2?
Are you booting with the motherboard outside of the case?
Have you checked the CPU for any bent pins?

My bad I thought I listed it on the initial post.
MSI MB Int B450 Gam Plus AC DD
I did not try RAM in just the DIMM2 slot as per the manual.
Yes, motherboard is outside the case on a non conductive surface.
Yes, I thoroughly inspected the pins.

Thanks!

Aug 31, 2020
Have you double-checked all you modular PSU power cables, at both ends?
If the PSU came with extra cables, have you tried switching to a different cable?
Yes I've checked the cables and even purchased replacement CPU and VGA cables. I've tested the voltage of my PSU and it's all in range.
I did purchase another PSU anyway and will be trying that. This one is also an EVGA 750W semi modular but not sure the model.

Yes I've checked the cables and even purchased replacement CPU and VGA cables. I've tested the voltage of my PSU and it's all in range.
I did purchase another PSU anyway and will be trying that. This one is also an EVGA 750W semi modular but not sure the model.
Trying another PSU would be best. Be careful using any cables that did not come with your modular PSU. Replacement cables will not necessarily be compatible with every PSU, the wiring can be in a different configuration.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDsC_PNo84I

Aug 31, 2020
I feel like I'm getting somewhere!

I got my new PSU and connected the MSI MOBO and the DRAM indicator light was on.
I tried both the Corsair and he Hyper X 1 and 2 sticks but the light is still present.

I don't understand how this can be especially with the Gigabyte board because I picked a RAM directly off the compatibility sheet on the website.

I feel like I'm getting somewhere!

I got my new PSU and connected the MSI MOBO and the DRAM indicator light was on.
I tried both the Corsair and he Hyper X 1 and 2 sticks but the light is still present.

I don't understand how this can be especially with the Gigabyte board because I picked a RAM directly off the compatibility sheet on the website.
I am confused. You say you have now replaced the PSU, CPU and motherboard, plus you have used 2 different CPU coolers, 2 different sticks of RAM and 2 different video cards but it still will not boot? It seems like everything from your original build has been replaced.

Aug 31, 2020
I am confused. You say you have now replaced the PSU, CPU and motherboard, plus you have used 2 different CPU coolers, 2 different sticks of RAM and 2 different video cards but it still will not boot? It seems like everything from your original build has been replaced.

Yep. I haven't tested with my 1070 yet but considering the DRAM light is on I don't think it matters.

What I don't understand is why there would even be a RAM problem.