Question No post boot 5 Beeps

May 23, 2019
Hello i just upgraded my components (Ram, Cpu Motherboard)
I had a old intel motherboard
I7 960
Ddr3 ram
And i upgraded to a
Gigabyte b150m Ds3h
I5 7400
2x4gb ddr4 ram

I setted everything up but i had no signal / not display i tried turning it on with one stick still same problem
Sometimes when i boot i get five beeps then in reboots then my pc runs (fans spins) but still no display.
I've tried different cables for the display but still same error ,when i boot my motherboard has orange light at the bottom.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Probably a flash, but you can't really update it if you don't have a processor that is already supported by that motherboard.
Go to a local shop or something and tell them you want to update your bios, you need a supported processor to updater your bios.

quaackl0l

Reputable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello thanks for helping me , how do i update it? Using a cd?

Normally flash by copying the downloaded BIOS file to a USB drive, from that you get to the BIOS, enter flash tool utility (whatever it's called on Gigabyte boards), from there select the BIOS file from the USB drive directory, let the flashing process finish.

NOTE : Your motherboard was designed for 6th gen Skylake Intel CPUs. An Intel Skylake based CPU is needed to be able to enter the BIOS & do the flashing process. If you don't mind spending some bucks, get a used Skylake Celeron. Easiest option is to bring to a local computer shop (Like iMatty said.)

Reactions: iMatty