No POST CPU/Fan Headers Don't Work

iKrunk

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
Hello people of Toms Hardware, Please help me =(

I am at my wits end. My latest build has been nothing but issues and I am at the point where I figure it has to be user error. No matter what I do I cannot get the board to post.None of the motherboard fan headers including the CPU fan header work they are not powering any fans or the radiator pump. I have built many a system in my time and this is the first time ive ever had so many headaches trying to get a build going. I had to resort to using molex converters for all fans and radiator.

Here is the kicker, I have been having these same issues since the beginning, that being said I have gotten every single piece (with the exception of the GPU because it is confirmed working) replaced. at this point im on my 4th board and my 3rd CPU, 2nd PSU and Liquid cooler. RAM and M.2 Drive are on the manufacturer list of compatibility. (ram has also been replaced and tested on another board)

I have tried every single thing I could find from every RAM config, CMOS clears, and again everything has been replaced at least once which leads me to think its just got to be something im doing. I have tried using the APU and the GPU. I get an LED error code on the board that just says CPU, but its been like that since the first board and CPU. Surely I couldnt have had 4 bad motherboards and 3 bad CPU's right? Ive tried it without the M.2 hell ive even tried with nothing on the board just to see if I would get a different error LED.

First time around I just went for it and put it all together case and all, after that ive just been testing it all out of the case trying to rule out a motherboard standoff short.still the same issue. CPU is seated properly. PSU is fully modular and have verified everything is seated correctly. 24 pin and 8 pin are connected.

So in the end no POST no Fan headers work. Please if anyone has input lay it on me. 4 boards and 3 CPU's later same issues.

-MSI Arsenal Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 HDMI USB 3 CrossFire ATX Motherboard (Z270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC)
-Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K
-LEPA AquaChanger 240mm Intel/AMD High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, LPWAC240-HF
-Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold
-Sandisk X400 Solid State Drive
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
-Phanteks Enthoo PRO M Acrylic
-ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL-GTX1070-O8G

iKrunk

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017

Yea that's what I am thinking. I am on live chat with Amazon now trying to get it returned. Thanks again for your time