No POST, CPU restarts continuously ....

Ban Cheaters

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
No POST, CPU restarts continuously & when cpu power cord is removed, it doesn't restart but powers on stable... but that does me no good. All new parts BTW, Asus H61m-E mobo, I7-2600k & Corsair CX430M

And thanks in advance for any and all help

Solution
The troubleshooting checklist in the stickies at the top of the forum was created for this type of problem. If you perform all the steps in the checklist it will help you determine what's causing the problem. There's also a link to the checklist in my signature.
The troubleshooting checklist in the stickies at the top of the forum was created for this type of problem. If you perform all the steps in the checklist it will help you determine what's causing the problem. There's also a link to the checklist in my signature.

Solution

Cristi72

Admirable

Hello,

Try to re-seat the CPU in the socket first.

Are you sure the CPU is new? Because they are discontinued for almost 2 years... And, oh my, those Sandy Bridge CPUs were so good at overclocking...

Ban Cheaters

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
The CPU was not sealing strong. Not sure why but I think it may have been the pre-paste that was on the stock CPU-fan even though I used a lil more of A-Silver. Cleaned it up and reapplied Artic Silver and then it worked. Troubleshooting guide was helpful though I did most of those before I posted here. Thanks to all for all your help & input.