[SOLVED] No Post even with new mobo, CPU, RAM

May 24, 2020
2 days ago I noticed that my computer wouldn't turn on, and wasn't posting.

1. Went to microcenter and grabbed a new mobo (Gigabyte A320M-S2), CPU (Ryzen 3 3200G), and Ballistix DDR4 8GB of ram. Kept the case, PSU, and drives.

2. I rebuild the PC today and am getting the same error. I tried using the board outside the case and had no luck.

About 2 months ago, I replaced the mobo with an old FM2 board since that is what I had originally. The new mobo solved the post issue before, but only worked until Friday.

EDIT: I'm aware of the incompatibility issues, the board's box says it is Ryzen 3 ready so I'm assuming it came with the more updated BIOS.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020
What PSU do you have? Sounds like its the issue so far.

Make sure there are no standoffs under your motherboard causing a short circuit.

Thermaltake TR 600.

For the standoffs, I made sure the board doesn't make direct contact with the board. There is one hole of the motherboard which doesn't take a screw since my case has a weird pin that sticks out of it (sorry, not sure if that helps).

Am gonna try to use this power supply to boot an old HP machine and see if it works.

May 24, 2020
That part is okay my build has the exact same thing. Its just what the case manufactures are doing.

Try a new PSU. Let us know.

Okay - I tried the existing PSU in an old HP computer (just plugged in mobo power and CPU power) to the HP computer and it boots/posts fine.

Now I am thinking it is either the new RAM, mobo, or CPU.