Question No POST, have tried various things ?

eL3ctro

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
Hi hope someone can help,

I build a new pc about 3 weeks ago

I9 13900kf
Z790 gigabyte gaming ax x
Corsair Vengeance 5200mhz ddr5
Zotac RTX 3080ti Trinity OC
Samsung 1tb 970 nvme
Corsair Hx1200 PSU

It's been running with no issues standard clocks XMP 1, then today, playing warzone 2 the whole screen went funny colours then shut off rebooted frooze in the BIOS then will not post.

Each time things change Vga led on, then cpu led but I've tried a few things

-changing ram slots removing and reseating no change
-trying gpu in another pc works fine,
-trying another gpu in the current system 1660 super doesn't post,
-taking cpu out and reseating no change,
-testing another 1000 watt psu same outcome.
-tried clearing cmos no change
-tried q flashing no success just reboots does nothing already had latest bios update F3G.
-tried reconnecting all cables
-disconnected all devices
-checked cpu pins all okay
-removed nvme SSD, no post

Only things changed in the last 24 hours in bios is enabled tmp 2.0 and secure boot to play valorant. Non bios changes new nvidia gpu driver and warzone update.

It's seems bricked but I want to try all possible things, but at the same time I don't know if it's Motherboard, cpu or ram because I can't really test these.

Does anyone have any solutions to help.

Lutfij

Titan
testing another 1000 watt psu same outcome.
Make and model of that unit? Age of that unit?

Corsair Hx1200 PSU
This unit is 3 weeks old?

I9 13900kf
You don't have an iGPU on that processor meaning you're going to need a discrete GP:U to get display output. I'd try and drop your processor onto a known compatible motherboard(with theright BIOS version, apart from the right socket/platform)to see if the same persists on your donor system. Likewise drop the discrete GPU you have onto a known working platform to rule out your GPU as being faulty.

Had you a non F SKU processor, I'd have suggested removing the discrete GPU from your build and powering off the iGPU to see if the system comes back to life. If it did, it could either be the PCIe slot being faulty, the GPU being faulty or your PSU being incapable of delivering power to all components when the discrete GPU is in.

How are you cooling that processor, btw?

eL3ctro

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
testing another 1000 watt psu same outcome.
Make and model of that unit? Age of that unit?

Corsair Hx1200 PSU
This unit is 3 weeks old?

I9 13900kf
You don't have an iGPU on that processor meaning you're going to need a discrete GP:U to get display output. I'd try and drop your processor onto a known compatible motherboard(with theright BIOS version, apart from the right socket/platform)to see if the same persists on your donor system. Likewise drop the discrete GPU you have onto a known working platform to rule out your GPU as being faulty.

Had you a non F SKU processor, I'd have suggested removing the discrete GPU from your build and powering off the iGPU to see if the system comes back to life. If it did, it could either be the PCIe slot being faulty, the GPU being faulty or your PSU being incapable of delivering power to all components when the discrete GPU is in.

How are you cooling that processor, btw?
Thanks for your reply as much as removing the GPU I know I'd get no boot but I don't know if the same would happen with it been a kf version as still get same lights on the motherboards like I say it changes vga cpu it's never dram or boot trys to reboot and restart like a failed overclock but on this system nothing had been changed like that. The PSU is about 6 months old corsair hx1200 and the olderst part is the CPU cooler which is about 3 year old wich is aorus 360 aio

eL3ctro

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
Try relieving some pressure on the cooler mount, by performing a 90 degree anti-clockwise rotation on the cooler's pump/block screws(holding down to the CPU's socket). See if that helps.

Yes tried this, also checked the pump in aio all working,. Computer starts up dram led orange solid 5 seconds, restarts then vga light on restarts then restarts stuck on cpu.

Too add no fps drops before this happened no issues perfect that why I don't think it's something hardware more software related bios. Also temps under load were around 83 degrees standard fan curves