• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question No POST Initialization Results Display on Boot

YrbkMgr

Honorable
Aug 30, 2014
On boot up, I can't see the results of the POST before the "beep". It boots fine, except that it's excruciatingly slow when external HDD's are connected, and I have five of them connected. I'm troubleshooting the issue (and other USB anomalies) but am not seeing the results of POST initialization. Pretty much ever since I've had this (02/2019), the only thing that displays on POST is "boot options" and "settings" (F12 and <del>, respectively) "At BEEP".

Further, in the Settings, I can't see an option for "display P.O.S.T" or anything like that.

On another, older unit with AMI Legacy BIOS (v5.09, 8/19/2009), POST provides results of initialization. Is there a way to get it to display? Or does my BIOS not have that function?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

System Model: Aspire TC-780
BIOS Mode: UEFI
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. R02-B0, 12/6/2017
BaseBoard Product: Aspire TC-780(KBL)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS