[SOLVED] No POST, No beeps but Windows comes up !

Tinibigz_1992

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2012
Hello,

I bought a PC from a friend and it works great with only one GPU, 1660super. This GPU came with the PC but if I try an RX 570 that I have as a spare it will not display anything. I have tried to reset the BIOS but I never get a beep or post but the PC goes into windows no problem it runs great as well but I want to access BIOS. When I go through windows 10 and recovery/restart/troubleshooting/ UEFI restart I get a blank screen then I just turn it off and on and it goes right back into windows. I am so confused why I can't get into the BIOS on this PC, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to uninstall the display driver and put the RX 570 into the motherboard and boot up but just get a blank screen. I can't boot the display from the motherboard as well since I get another blank screen as well. The only thing that fixed the 1660 Super showing up is a reset of the battery on the motherboard, then I get right back into windows with no issues and it even has the 1660 super display drivers installed. I am rather confused with this issue since I don't get a gigabit splash-screen since the motherboard is gigabit it just jumps right into the password screen to log into windows ?

Thank you for the help.

Solution
Hello,

I bought a PC from a friend and it works great with only one GPU, 1660super. This GPU came with the PC but if I try an RX 570 that I have as a spare it will not display anything. I have tried to reset the BIOS but I never get a beep or post but the PC goes into windows no problem it runs great as well but I want to access BIOS. When I go through windows 10 and recovery/restart/troubleshooting/ UEFI restart I get a blank screen then I just turn it off and on and it goes right back into windows. I am so confused why I can't get into the BIOS on this PC, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried to uninstall the display driver and put the RX 570 into the motherboard and boot up but just get a blank screen. I can't...

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model motherboard?

Normally access to BIOS is achieved by rapidly tapping one of the function keys. E.g., F2, F10, F12. The key used can and does vary.

Start tapping as the power button is pushed.

However if none of those key choices work then you need the motherboard's User Guide/Manual to determine what specific Function key to press.

= = = =

Or perhaps reset BIOS to the default settings by clearing CMOS.

FYI:

https://pcguide101.com/motherboard/how-to-reset-motherboard-clearing-cmos-to-reset-bios/

However refer to the the motherboard's User Guide/Manual for the applicable/specific method to use.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I have tried to uninstall the display driver and put the RX 570 into the motherboard and boot up but just get a blank screen. I can't boot the display from the motherboard as well since I get another blank screen as well. The only thing that fixed the 1660 Super showing up is a reset of the battery on the motherboard, then I get right back into windows with no issues and it even has the 1660 super display drivers installed. I am rather confused with this issue since I don't get a gigabit splash-screen since the motherboard is gigabit it just jumps right into the password screen to log into windows ?

Thank you for the help.
No beep is not uncommon today. Most PCs have no speaker connected to them to make any noise.
I would read the motherboard manual and find the proper keystroke to force a BIOS. The fastboot option may be enabled, and the monitor doesn't have time to stabilize a display prior to booting Windows.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS