[SOLVED] No post, No beep codes but fans spinning.

Jun 28, 2020
So I left my pc to sleep for around 30 minutes. When I pressed space, fans started spinning and rgb lit up but no post, it was frozen. I waited a bit but nothing happened (power and reset buttons were unresponsive) so had no choice but to unplug the psu. It had happen a fair bit before hand so I wasn't worried. However, when I plugged it back in and turned it on, the fans spun and rgb lit up but there was no post or even beep codes.

I have checked all the power connectors and reset the bios. The ram is new and I swapped the cpu for a healthy one but still had the the same problem. Doubt its the gpu because it was working well before hand.

I bought a new psu as it was 2 years old (corsair vs450 refurbished) and I heard they weren't very reliable. Still nothing with the new psu.

I am lead to believe that its the motherboard but I can't see any blown capacitors, in general seems healthy and its only a month old. Its a gigabyte ga-h110-d3a (labelled as a mining motherboard) but before I spend more money I want to be sure that its the motherboard.

Solution
So I left my pc to sleep for around 30 minutes. When I pressed space, fans started spinning and rgb lit up but no post, it was frozen. I waited a bit but nothing happened (power and reset buttons were unresponsive) so had no choice but to unplug the psu. It had happen a fair bit before hand so I wasn't worried. However, when I plugged it back in and turned it on, the fans spun and rgb lit up but there was no post or even beep codes.

I have checked all the power connectors and reset the bios. The ram is new and I swapped the cpu for a healthy one but still had the the same problem. Doubt its the gpu because it was working well before hand.

I bought a new psu as it was 2 years old (corsair vs450 refurbished) and I heard they weren't...

Bassplate

Reputable

I bought a new psu as it was 2 years old (corsair vs450 refurbished) and I heard they weren't very reliable. Still nothing with the new psu.

I am lead to believe that its the motherboard but I can't see any blown capacitors, in general seems healthy and its only a month old. Its a gigabyte ga-h110-d3a (labelled as a mining motherboard) but before I spend more money I want to be sure that its the motherboard.
You can test and see if your motherboard still functions by removing all your RAM sticks then power up and listen for any continuesly beeping noises.
If you hear beeping noises when all your RAM sticks are removed,you then know that your motherboard is still functional.(The beeping is RAM error code)
try booting your PC only using one RAM stick per time and per RAM slot.If that still doesn't work Remove your graphics card and connect to your integrated graphics (Onboard screen connect)Just to see if your system will POST and boot without the GPU
Try it and let us know.

Reactions: tfwblackhall
Solution
Jun 28, 2020
You can test and see if your motherboard still functions by removing all your RAM sticks then power up and listen for any continuesly beeping noises.
If you hear beeping noises when all your RAM sticks are removed,you then know that your motherboard is still functional.(The beeping is RAM error code)
try booting your PC only using one RAM stick per time and per RAM slot.If that still doesn't work Remove your graphics card and connect to your integrated graphics (Onboard screen connect)Just to see if your system will POST and boot without the GPU
Try it and let us know.
No beeps when ram is out. Shall I still try gpu or is the motherboard definitely dead?

Bassplate

Reputable
No beeps when ram is out. Shall I still try gpu or is the motherboard definitely dead?
If you don't hear any beep codes without the RAM connected it might be a faulty Motherboard or a Faulty power Supply but i don't think it could be the power supply because you said you recently got a new Power Supply.
Have you tried removing every component like (disconnecting all hardrives and SSD's...Disconnecting GPU and RAM)and see if it would POST or give an error beep code?
Only leave your CPU,,,CPU FAN,,,All power connectors for the motherboard connected.Also try to perform a BIOS Reset by Simply taking out the small 3V battery located on your motherboard for 30Seconds then placing it back.Also try to Jump start your Computer by only using an Screw Driver...Remove only your PW SW(power Switch)and use a Flat screw driver and place it on the 2Pins where the power switch connects and wait for the computer to turn on VIA Jump start.
If all this doesn't work you can ether replace your CPU or borrows a Friends CPU and see if the thread has been resolve....IF not,,,,You need a New MOBO.

Jun 28, 2020
If you don't hear any beep codes without the RAM connected it might be a faulty Motherboard or a Faulty power Supply but i don't think it could be the power supply because you said you recently got a new Power Supply.
Have you tried removing every component like (disconnecting all hardrives and SSD's...Disconnecting GPU and RAM)and see if it would POST or give an error beep code?
Only leave your CPU,,,CPU FAN,,,All power connectors for the motherboard connected.Also try to perform a BIOS Reset by Simply taking out the small 3V battery located on your motherboard for 30Seconds then placing it back.Also try to Jump start your Computer by only using an Screw Driver...Remove only your PW SW(power Switch)and use a Flat screw driver and place it on the 2Pins where the power switch connects and wait for the computer to turn on VIA Jump start.
If all this doesn't work you can ether replace your CPU or borrows a Friends CPU and see if the thread has been resolve....IF not,,,,You need a New MOBO.
I've tried reseting the bios and have unplugged the ssds but I'll try the gpu, thanks again.

Reactions: Bassplate

TRENDING THREADS