[SOLVED] No Post - No Beep - No Mouse, no Keyboard, no display, but fans running

Dec 14, 2020
Hi guys,

Since today I've had some issues with my setup which is :

i7 4770K (bought in 2015)
Z97-HD3 v1 (bought in 2015)
G.Skill Ares Blue Series 8 Go (2 x 4 Go) DDR3 2400 MHz CL11 (bought in April 2020)
G.Skill RipJaws X (2 x 4Go) DDR 3 2400 Mhz CL 11 (bought in 2015)
Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Twin Fan (bought in April 2020)
Corsair VS 550 (bought in 2015)
1to SSD as main SSD (bought recently)
250go SSD for hackintosh and other SSDs for storage.

I was dual booting with Clover my Hackintosh partition on a SSD and Windows on an other.

Before this issue, my pc was running smoothly, except the two previous days where I had to power on the pc multiple times in order to have something displaying, the bios displayed that there was a boot issue and I had to reset default booting settings, then when I could boot again on the SSD with the Clover Install and boot my windows partition.

Now my problem is :
  • no beep sound (had no beep sound before either as everything was working smoothly)
  • no display, whether on the graphic card or igp
  • no mouse lights
  • no keyboard lights
  • fans running at slow speed I think, but every fans working
  • after cmos reset using a screwdriver, everything is still the same, not working..
  • tried running with one stick of ram and still nothing, no beep no display
After some research, It's the CPU or the PSU, CPU has always been well cooled and new paste added recently due to buying new cooling system ( noctua cooler ). If it's the PSU why are the fans running, and graphic card fan running etc ?

Any idea on how to troubleshoot the CPU or PSU would be very handy, or any other tips on how to fix the issue, thanks !

Thanks for your help,
Best.

Last edited:
Solution
You might not have a beeper installed. Many people consider the buzzer old school, but they're one of the most basic way a motherboard spit out what's wrong, even without a display.

I would also try unplugging the power cord AND removing the CMOS battery for several seconds.

The clear CMOS jumper pins should work but as it was with my B550 Aorus Pro, no matter how long I short those pins (after a botched memory OC), I couldn't get the BIOS to go back to defaults. That is until I removed the battery. My PC eventually booted up to factory defaults.

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
You might not have a beeper installed. Many people consider the buzzer old school, but they're one of the most basic way a motherboard spit out what's wrong, even without a display.

I would also try unplugging the power cord AND removing the CMOS battery for several seconds.

The clear CMOS jumper pins should work but as it was with my B550 Aorus Pro, no matter how long I short those pins (after a botched memory OC), I couldn't get the BIOS to go back to defaults. That is until I removed the battery. My PC eventually booted up to factory defaults.

Solution
Dec 14, 2020

Very well, thanks for giving your input, I will try to remove the battery and try different things until it boots. Hopefully it will, and I will let you guys know !
Thanks !