No post, no bios, no display, red led flashes between Dram_led and CPU_led

machinday

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017
Hello all,
First of all, I would like to thank anyone for reading my post. I've recently put together a new build with parts my friend gave me and my PSU from my old build. The power supply was fully functional in my old PC build. And the mobo, cpu, ram from my friends build and they were all functional when they were components in his build. My build at the moment right now is:

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA1156, Intel Z77, DDR3
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1060 3GB
PSU: Corsair GS700 700W
Case: NZXT White Mid Tower
CPU: Intel i7 3770
Hard Drive: 1TB WD Blue

So with the specs out of the way, my issue is that I get no POST, no and no bios with all the components plugged in. Along with no POST, there is no display, or any system beeps from the system on start up. All fans and the HDD are spinning and functional. I have tried booting without the GPU, and the ram. Same problem with no GPU, but booting with no RAM gives the error beeps. With the components in and booting up the Dram_led and CPU_led lights flash red, alternating between the CPU led and the D_ram led. I've tried reseting the jumpers I believe, the cap thats on the 2 pins switching it to the last 2 pins and then back to the first two and that did not resolve. I tried pressing the MemOK! button and the issue is still the same. I've only tried connecting to display using HDMI from both the GPU and from the mobo, not sure if this problem would still be the same if I tried using the DVI port, which I can't at the moment because my DVI cords are in the apartment I'm in the process of moving to, but not sure if that would be the root of the problem since the led's are flashing to signal that there is an issue. I'd like to know if anyone could help me find out how to figure out which piece is causing the no POST, no display, and these alternating, flickering red LEDs or if taking it to a local computer repair shop would be a good idea, as they have spare mobos, and PSUs to troubleshoot each piece with. I can post pictures, or videos if that would be better for anyone to figure out the problem.

Thank you very much if you were able to read the wall of text and thank you very much for any input. I'm soon to head off to my job and won't be able to try any solutions until I return home, but will be constantly be checking this thread throughout the day during my shift to ponder all inputs given that I can try when I get home. Thank you thank you and thank you.

-JDR

machinday

Prominent
Jun 10, 2017

Thank you for your reply and input. I have left the computer running for 20min+ and the flickering continues. I have made sure that the HDMI , and monitor output are functioning by using the same cord and monitor channel for my PS4.