[SOLVED] No Post, No Boot

Nov 28, 2021
Ive been having problems getting my pc post, when I turn it on the pc fans starts spinning, but no display. I get a solid white cpu ez debug led. I’ve reset the cmos a few times (because it doesn’t work all the time) the pc with flash the cpu light then the cpu light and the fans will go from full speed to a lower speed 3 times then the vga light will come on. Then the PC will boot into windows. What I have noticed is that the white light on the case is only on when I get the pc to boot. If you turn off the pc and turn it back on the problem persists.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600AF (new)
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb (used)
MB: MSI B450m Bazooka Max WiFi (new)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 (new)
PSU: EVGA BQ600 (new)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
First go into BIOS and set POST to be as verbose as possible. That means to configure the POST process to show you everything it is doing and what happens.

May slow things a bit but you can change that back later.

Will the pc boot into Safe Mode and function without any problems?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that relate to the "tripping".

CPU: how did you apply the thermal paste and what thermal paste did you use?

And, after reading back: "I’ve reset the cmos a few times (because it doesn’t work all the time)" install a new CMOS battery. Just as a matter of elimination.

Ralston18

Titan
How new is the EVGA BQ600 PSU?

What was the reason for replacing the original/previous PSU? Make/model?

Did you mix, match, or otherwise re-use any cables from the original PSU?

Also double check all connections to ensure that they are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force a connection with a new build or when replacing components. However, what feels tight and connected may not be.

Also refer to the motherboard's User Manual to determine what the various LED's indicate. Pay close attention to the LED patterns.

Any beep codes?

Nov 28, 2021
I b

Also double check all connections to ensure that they are fully and firmly in place.

No one wants to force a connection with a new build or when replacing components. However, what feels tight and connected may not be.

Also refer to the motherboard's User Manual to determine what the various LED's indicate. Pay close attention to the LED patterns.

Any beep codes?

Any beep codes?
I bought all of these components off of Amazon and the GPU off of marketplace. All brand new components just having this stupid problem. The pc works I’ve gotten it to boot into windows it just keeps tripping on something when it powers back on. I’ve mashed all the component cables and have pretty much rebuilt the computer 3x now, other than that I know the cpu debug is the motherboard cannot detect or recognize the cpu, now if the computer has booted that would mean that the board has at some point the board has been detected.

I have seen 2 codes after CMOS resets that are different but there is nothing on MSI’s website that indicate that it matters nor have I seen any post about anything even closely related.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
First go into BIOS and set POST to be as verbose as possible. That means to configure the POST process to show you everything it is doing and what happens.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Windows may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events that relate to the "tripping".

And, after reading back: "I’ve reset the cmos a few times (because it doesn’t work all the time)" install a new CMOS battery. Just as a matter of elimination.

Solution
Nov 28, 2021

Ok I’ll see if that works, I’m going to pick it up from the shop sometime this week.