Question No Post, No Display, Fans Spin, LED's On, Dead Motherboard/Power Supply?

Apr 24, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have an i5-4690k, and z970-c motherboard, that have been working fine up until a few days ago. I was adjusting my overclock settings due to the sudden heat here, when after restarting my computer crashed, and since then has not been able to post, and continuously restarts every 20 seconds to a minute. Since then I have tried.

• Resetting CMOS (Multiple times)
  • Trying different RAM configurations
  • Trying to output video from motherboard, rather than graphics card.
  • Checking thermal paste.
I am unable to get any System beeps as I have never been able to (I've tried installing an internal speaker since it crashing but to no success).

I somewhat doubt it to be a power supply problem, as the motherboard/cpu/ram is much older than the power supply, being only 2 years old.

Graphics card is a rtx2070 bought only about a month ago and seeing as there's no video from just the mobo I believe this can be ruled out too.

Any assistance as to what the dead part might be would be really appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm going to assume it's the PSU given it's age and you mentioning that it's hot where you are. Speaking of which, where are you located and what are your ambient temps?

Apr 24, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'm going to assume it's the PSU given it's age and you mentioning that it's hot where you are. Speaking of which, where are you located and what are your ambient temps?
Thanks for the guidance, I'll list them all here:
CPU: i5-4690k
Motherboard: z970-c
Ram: 16gb DDR3 XMS3
SSD/HDD: Samsung 960 EVO, and 2tb Seagate HDD
GPU: RTX 2070
PSU: CX500, 500 Watt
Chassis: Unable to find out, Large Cooler Master Case

In response to your later questions, it's not actually hot here, just went from around 8 degrees ambient outside to 20 degrees (Celsius), and I was encountering some overheating issues so decided to tune things a little. Are you sure its the PSU? 2 Years doesn't seem like a good life expectancy.

TRENDING THREADS