NO POST NO DISPLAY - New Build - Tried Everything

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Hi guys,
this is my first post here and I really need your help.

I've recently built a PC for my brother, but it won't POST.
I've already read this thread, but it didn't help: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Here's the specs:

Motherboard: MSI 760G-P43 FX (Socket AM3+)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHZ 4GB CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9
GPU: Asus 650 Ti Direct Cu II
PSU: Corsair CX 430M

Here's what I've came up with so far:

~ The GPU works, I've tried it on my PC so it's not the problem.
~ The RAM works, tried it on my system and it runs perfectly
~ The PSU should not be the problem, as I tried this system with my Corsair TX 650M and still no POST
~ With everything un-installed but the CPU, Heatsink and Motherboard I get 3 long beeps, probably indicating missing RAM (as expected). This should indicate that Motherboard and CPU are fine, right?
~ If I install the ram, I get no beeps at all
~ The monitor works fine, tried it with my system
~ Cleared CMOS, still no luck
~ Hold Power Button for 30-60 seconds with all cables unplugged, still no luck
~ Changed the Motherboard battery, still no luck

All the cables are correctly plugged in.

So it seems that everything works fine, but still no POST and no display.
It also seems strange that with RAM installed I get no beeps at all, even if the RAM is tested and working on another system.
Could it be that the Corsair Vengeance is not compatible with my motherboard (even if states that supports DDR3 1600MHZ RAMs)?

I don't know what else to try, I'm completely lost. Any ideas?

PS: sorry for some english mistakes ^^

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Thank you for your reply.
For my brother build, we're using a cheap VGA monitor but I confirm that both the monitor and the GPU work: tried the 650 Ti on my system, hooked it to the VGA monitor and everything works as it should.

Also tried hooking my brother system to my HP Monitor through HDMI, VGA and DVI Cable but still no signal, and no POST beep.

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
At this point, given I checked almost everything, I'm really concerned about the Motherboard - Ram compatibility.
Does anyone have specific informations about MSI 760G-P43 FX and Corsair Vengeance CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 compatibility?

Since I get no beeps as soon as I install the RAM (and as I previously stated the RAM works perfectly on my system), this might be the problem.

Here's my board anyway: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/760G-P43--FX-.html

I might also try running the system outside the case.

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I've just run the system outside the case, so it's not a short issue. I'm completely lost.
The only thing that I can think of is a RAM incompatibility. If anyone has more infos please share.

Should I exclude bad mobo or bad CPU since it beeps without memory sticks installed, or it's still a possibility?
Also, is the VGA port on the motherboard only for CPU integrated graphics? Or does it mean that the motherboard has an onboard GPU?

ttony5

Honorable
May 14, 2013

i will tommorow

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Good to know, thanks for the info!
I've already tried the onboard VGA multiple times but still no display and no POST beeps.

The problem is that I get no beeps when RAM is installed, even if the RAM itself (Corsair Vengeance) works fine in my other system. I ordered a pair of Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A that, according to the test report of the motherboard, are 100% compatible: http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2656.pdf

If it still fails to boot I will RMA the motherboard.
Anyway I read in some threads that, if the motherboard beeps when no RAM is installed, that indicates that both the motherboard and the CPU are fine. Is it true? Because my motherboard beeps, but only when the RAM is uninstalled.

TheDeltaOrionis

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Just an update, for those with similar problems and those who were following this thread.

It indeed turned out to be a defective motherboard and replaced it with an Asrock mobo.
MSI low end motherboards seem to have a lot of issues and are prone to be DOA, as you can see from the poorly rated reviews on Amazon.it / Amazon.co.uk / Amazon.com and Newegg.

Asrock, while not being the most reliable brand in the world for sure, seems to release pretty solid low end boards packed with features and hardware support that you would normally find only in more expensive boards.

Gigabyte and Asus would be probably the best choice, but if you're on a budget I'd definitely recommend Asrock (I have built 4 systems with Asrock and none had problems).

MSI high-tier boards are awesome, but sadly I can't report the same for the low end ones.