Question No POST, no Display, only Fans are running...

mranimo

Reputable
May 4, 2019
When I turn on the PC, the fans start to run, video card and motherboard leds are up, but keyboard and mouse don't light up and there is no display.

My build:
Asus B85M-E
Xeon E3 1270V3
Kingston hyperx Fury 1866mhz rams (4x4gb)
Evga 600W2 PSU
RX570 Strix 4gb

The processor is not heating up even if I try to use it without cooler. I tried reseating the rams numerous times in all combination, tried with only one stick too.
I tried to clear CMOS too. Sometimes after clearing CMOS it works for a short time, but sometimes it just freeze on the Asus boot logo and then in the next startup it's no POST again...
But there were 2 days straight, when the computer booted to windows and I could even play games without problems or freeze. Then everything started from the beginning. Strange...
The rams, cpu and gpu seem to work perfectly in other builds.
Every 10th start blow a fuse.
Seems like the psu or the mobo is the problem, but I don't know which is it exactly.
I don't have a speaker for the post beeps sadly.
Can you help me?

Lutfij

Titan
Seems like the psu or the mobo is the problem, but I don't know which is it exactly.
Or you might just have bad wiring in your crib. If you suspect it to be the CPU, inspect the socket pins and see if there are any bent or broken pins and perhaps see if there are any burn marks under the contact points under the CPU.

Every 10th start blow a fuse.
I'd say your wiring is compromised in your crib. Perhaps try and work with another, known working PSU for your build, borrowed from a friend or neighbor. You might also want to relocate to another wall outlet in your crib.