No POST- No Display- Tried Everything?!

JHizzle33

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
I purchased a used budget 'starter' PC for my friend's son. Classified as working, with Windows 10 already installed. It is compatible with my extra/leftover parts from a past build should he enjoy the hobby.

SPECS-
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 rev 1.0
AMD FX 4100-stock cooler
RAM- Came with 3 x 2 GB sticks. 1x G Skill 1600, 2x (unknown brand) 1333
PSU-Thermaltake 500w
GPU- GTX 285

After a brief check, plugged in and tried to boot up the system. The CPU fan, GPU fan, and HDD's all turn on.

1.) I was unable (and still am unable) to get display working after trying both DVI connections from the GPU. I also tried the HDMI, DVI, and VGA display through the MOBO with no success. No POST beeps, system stays on until manually powered off.

2.)The only scenario when beeps achieved- All RAM removed. Only 8-pin CPU + CPU fan + 24-pin. 11 Long Beeps. Read this may be CMOS error or No RAM. Replaced CMOS battery. Now I can't get ANY beeps.

I have read through all the threads/stickies that are suggested, and tried it all- The only two things that I haven't tried swapping are the Motherboard and the CPU.
-One stick of RAM , tried in every slot. Repeated with several different sticks.
-Disconnected the PSU, substituted my working EVGA 600w Bronze 80+%
-Same for GPU- GTX 770

Any suggestions? If I can't get any POST beeps/codes, and I can't even get the display working to get to the BIOS...I would think it is the Mobo? If I can't progress beyond this point I'll likely return to seller.

THANKS!

JHizzle33

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Hello Wolfshadw.
I have tried that already. Took out the GPU, tried all of the onboard options. HDMI, DVI, VGA. Still no display, no beeps.
Same with different RAM sticks and slots.

Thanks

JHizzle33

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Yeah. I figured I'd wait a day or two to see if anybody had any novel suggestions before sending it back! Given that the cost to ship it back to seller is almost a third of the original purchase price ;)