Question No post no keyboard/mouse on new build

Oct 6, 2023
Okay i am having problems no display and no keyboard/mouse to work on my new Pc build. i have cleaned the ram, cleared the CMOS, and reseated everything multiple times so its not that. and went through the checklist on the forum front page. The power button blinks quickly is my only clue. I know i should update my BIOS but i can do that from the BIOS screen on the MB so i just need it to post and get to the BIOS screen.

specs are
Geforce 4060 ti 16g
Intel I9 12900kf
ASUS z-690p wifi lga 17000 mobo
gamemax 1300W PSU
32 gb ddr5 ram 6400Mhz

Thank you!

Last edited:
Okay i am having problems no display and no keyboard/mouse to work on my new Pc build. i have cleaned the ram, cleared the CMOS, and reseated everything multiple times so its not that. and went through the checklist on the forum front page. The power button blinks quickly is my only clue. I know i should update my BIOS but i can do that from the BIOS screen on the MB so i just need it to post and get to the BIOS screen.

specs are
Geforce 4060 ti 16g
Intel I9 12900kf
ASUS z-690p wifi lga 17000 mobo
gamemax 1300W PSU
32 gb dd5 ram 6400Mhz

Thank you!
i used to have this kind of problem with Asus Prime B550M Wifi II from fresh build (yes the board is brand new)

This is my workaround:
- put the whole pc (CPU-Mobo-Ram-GPU) on top of a cardboard or anything that wont conduct electricity
- make sure the psu cables (CPU and Mobo/ATX cable, GPU PCIe Cables) are still plugged like what it is if its on a case
- switch off the psu
- take off the cmos battery
- using a screwdriver or anything, short the power and reset button (hold it for 11 seconds) to drain power
- now switch on the psu
- power on the pc
- if you could boot to bios (by spamming the bios key), immidiately update the bios to the latest (prepare fat32 fd with the .CAP bios file)
- after update, go to bios again, put the cmos battery WHILE you're still in the bios, and do all your settings in the bios (during this i forced the display to PEG or External Graphics just to make sure)
- after everything is done, save and reboot.

now if you could replicate the problem by "load defaults" and it went blank, then the solution is the same, but without updating the bios part.

i am myself is confused as a fresh 5600X + Prime B550M + 3060Ti, wont display anything, so i started the pc ontop of cardboard without the cmos in the board (yeah, booting without cmos), and it displays the splash screen, so i assume that "as long as the cmos isnt in the board i could boot with defaults, so i need to go into bios, put the cmos, and do my settings, and save and exit/reset" so that the settings will be saved cause the cmos is there. This is a wierd ecounter i ever had.

Reactions: theADHDninja
Oct 6, 2023
i wouldn't be surprised if this power supply just can't properly do it's job.
the only Gamemax series i've dealt with were very low quality.
nah its not the PSU cuz i can hear the disc drive and one of the ssds spinning and the fans
i used to have this kind of problem with Asus Prime B550M Wifi II from fresh build (yes the board is brand new)

This is my workaround:
- put the whole pc (CPU-Mobo-Ram-GPU) on top of a cardboard or anything that wont conduct electricity
- make sure the psu cables (CPU and Mobo/ATX cable, GPU PCIe Cables) are still plugged like what it is if its on a case
- switch off the psu
- using a screwdriver or anything, short the power and reset button (hold it for 11 seconds) to drain power
- now switch on the psu
- power on the pc
- if you could boot to bios (by spamming the bios key), immidiately update the bios to the latest (prepare fat32 fd with the .CAP bios file)
- after update, go to bios again, put the cmos battery WHILE you're still in the bios, and do all your settings in the bios (during this i forced the display to PEG or External Graphics just to make sure)

now if you could replicate the problem by "load defaults" and it went blank, then the solution is the same, but without updating the bios part.

i am myself is confused as a fresh 5600X + Prime B550M + 3060Ti, wont display anything, so i started the pc ontop of cardboard without the cmos in the board (yeah, booting without cmos), and it displays the splash screen, so i assume that "as long as the cmos isnt in the board i could boot with defaults, so i need to go into bios, put the cmos, and do my settings, and save and exit/reset" so that the settings will be saved cause the cmos is there. This is a wierd ecounter i ever had.
will try and report my results ty

Oct 6, 2023

This is my workaround:
- switch off the psu
- now switch on the psu
- power on the pc

tried it, did not work, keyboard and mouse have no power and it wont post so it wont go to bios. thank you for trying tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koekieezz
i should clarify that all the fans, drives, and lights are working fine
this is a very light amount of power to run these devices.

this power supply may just not be able to put out enough to run the more heavy components or may have malfunctioned in a way that one or more of the cables are not supplying power at all.

i would return it while the return period is still available and get something better anyway.
i wouldn't want to be relying on this thing for the future and possibly risking the entire setup.
what specific model is it and what is the length of warranty?

Oct 6, 2023
this is a very light amount of power to run these devices.

this power supply may just not be able to put out enough to run the more heavy components or may have malfunctioned in a way that one or more of the cables are not supplying power at all.

i would return it while the return period is still available and get something better anyway.
i wouldn't want to be relying on this thing for the future and possibly risking the entire setup.
and how would i test this? cuz it sounds like youre guessing and im not sending parts back that have had no issues and appear to be working fine and waiting weeks for replacement parts to arrive based on a guess, especially when its much more likely to be a motherboard or processor issue. actually i have an old PSU that i know worked, will switch it out and report findings.

edit: tried it, same problem happened. its not the PSU.

Last edited:
it sounds like youre guessing
i am not guessing at anything.
i am telling you that Gamemax makes low quality products that you should not risk your entire system with.

whether it is actually the reason you are experiencing issues at this moment was not mentioned in this statement.

Oct 6, 2023
i am not guessing at anything.
i am telling you that Gamemax makes low quality products that you should not risk your entire system with.

whether it is actually the reason you are experiencing issues at this moment was not mentioned in this statement.
well i didnt ask for your opinion of my power supply, i asked for troubleshooting tips from people who have had similar issues and might have insight on how to solve them

thanks anyways tho...i guess, even tho your comments are not being helpful at this point lol

i asked for troubleshooting tips from people who have had similar issues
as i first mentioned, the possibility of this power supply causing the issue is real.
as i have seen others with similar issues do to this manufacturer's products.

it may have even already damaged other components from first firing it up;
but because the older one ends up with the same outcome, you'd take it out of the list of possibilities for now.

unless you have other components(RAM, CPU, motherboard, etc) on hand to swap out and try, or know someone who can offer them for trial,
one easy option is to take the system to a local computer shop and have them run the tests for you.
i have an old PSU that i know worked...tried it, same problem happened. its not the PSU.
hopefully your system doesn't suffer from it's lack of quality in the future.
since you won't reveal the actual model or the length of warranty included, we will just assume that it is one of their lower tiered series and hope for the best.

Oct 6, 2023
as i first mentioned, the possibility of this power supply causing the issue is real.
as i have seen others with similar issues do to this manufacturer's products.

it may have even already damaged other components from first firing it up;
but because the older one ends up with the same outcome, you'd take it out of the list of possibilities for now.

unless you have other components(RAM, CPU, motherboard, etc) on hand to swap out and try, or know someone who can offer them for trial,
one easy option is to take the system to a local computer shop and have them run the tests for you.

hopefully your system doesn't suffer from it's lack of quality in the future.
since you won't reveal the actual model or the length of warranty included, we will just assume that it is one of their lower tiered series and hope for the best.
its a platinum certified 10 year warranty. i dont see how this changes anything.
nothing you have said has been helpful or insightful at all outside of the initial "try the power supply" especially "send it to a shop" lol
all you have done is attack a brand i use and make a bunch of (wrong) assumptions about my setup and how i tested things.
are you always this difficult to work with?
do you always attack and belittle the people and the things they use that you claim to be trying to help them with?

go away lol

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i should clarify that all the fans, drives, and lights are working fine internally, so i doubt it is the PSU but i will keep it in the back of my mind as i troubleshoot
I don't think the PSU is the problem here, either, but the fans, drives, and lights isn't a diagnostic of a PSU is working properly. It's a bit like diagnosing your car's engine by whether the windshield wipers and radio are working.

Oct 6, 2023
I don't think the PSU is the problem here, either, but the fans, drives, and lights isn't a diagnostic of a PSU is working properly. It's a bit like diagnosing your car's engine by whether the windshield wipers and radio are working.
Fair enough, i just figured id see something abnormal happen if it was a psu issue but everything looks right, it just doesnt post. Im not the most experienced at this, its only my second build.

correct i still get no display and no keyboard/mouse
well.. maybe go to a local shop and test it on any random lga 1700 board or even another same exact board as yours, if it does boot, then your board is at faulty.

also a bad psu as yours would give the basic requirements for booting, since no OS driver is loaded, just bios firmware and drivers for the bios itself. So yeah everything is on question here.

Oct 6, 2023
well.. maybe go to a local shop and test it on any random lga 1700 board or even another same exact board as yours, if it does boot, then your board is at faulty.

also a bad psu as yours would give the basic requirements for booting, since no OS driver is loaded, just bios firmware and drivers for the bios itself. So yeah everything is on question here.
yeah at this point i think i will probably send back the board and processor for new ones and try again on a different psu first and then move to a the new psu once i get everything figured out so i know if its the problem or not

thanks much for the help