No Post on a ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Aura with Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz

his_dudeness3

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I'm working on a new build (parts list below) - I was trying to test the system to boot up to the BIOS before installing everything in the case. Everything appeared to be powering on and connected (Heatsink fan and all case fans turned on, GPU light up and turned on, Memory sticks turned on and light up) but I couldn't get it to post. The monitor stayed blank or would only display "no video input." I tested the monitor with my PS4 to ensure it was working. I carefully went through the whole checklist on the "No POST" trouble shoot thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1893016/post-system-boot-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.html) and was unable to successfully boot up. I also noticed that my keyboard wasn't lighting up when I tried connecting it to any of the USB ports on the MOBO.

I tried every combination of connecting to the monitor through both the GPU and removing the GPU and trying the onboard video outputs.

On my PcPartPicker list it had flagged that the Z170 MOBO's may need a BIOS update in order to be compatible with the new Kaby Lake CUP's. These are both new parts so I am unable to update the BIOS on an older generation CPU. Is the ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming Aura not compatible with the new Kaby Lake processors without having a BIOS update prior to assembly?

Any other suggestions?

CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard
Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory
G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage

OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU