Question No POST on Asus TUF X570-plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2021
Diagnostic LEDs lights on power up...

Yellow DRAM comes on, goes off
Red CPU comes on, goes off
White VGA comes on, stays on
(At this point the keyboard lights up Num Lock)
Green BOOT comes on, stays on

No POST, nothing on monitor. DEL key does not bring up BIOS

I've tried HDMI onboard and add on GPU.
I've tried clearing CMOS as suggested.
All brand new equipment.

Aug 2, 2021
AMD Ryzen 5000 series, specifically a 5 5600X
(Additional paperwork - Specification Update Notification - that came with the MB said it was compatible already. I’d already considered the need for a BIOS update but after reading the additional paperwork determined I didn’t or should have to.
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 3100MHz by way of 2x16GB
EVGA 650BQ (which did not come with 4+4 CPU modular cable - On power up, I was getting case fan for 1 second, no 570X chipset fan, GPU fan constant and CPU fan constant with NO diagnostic lights at all before installing the additional cable to the PSU)
Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2

DSzymborski

Titan
OK first thing first, there are no integrated graphics. That only works with an APU installed. So make sure no monitor's connected to a motherboard output.

Two, this PSU comes with a 4+4 CPU cable. Did you contact EVGA? And what are you using? If you're not using a modular power cable for that exact model, very bad things can happen to your components.

Also, have you verified the GPU works since this appears to be one already owned?

And what BIOS does the sticker on the motherboard itself say? What is this additional paperwork? Where did you obtain these parts?

No POST, nothing on monitor. DEL key does not bring up BIOS

I've tried HDMI onboard and add on GPU.
I've tried clearing CMOS as suggested.
All brand new equipment.

If green BOOT_LED comes on and stays on then you have an issue with your SSD/HDD storage device. Post would not advance and hence no output to monitor.
Could be that Bios does not recognise your storage device or it has not installed correctly.
Check all cabling and connections.

Aug 2, 2021
Thanks for the clarification on there not being any onboard graphics.

The GPU really didn't come with the 4+4 CPU. It had a 6 VGA with the available 2 to make it 4+4 but obviously the configuration would not allow it to be plugged in. I have not contacted EVGA. But I made sure what I bought was compatible with my PSU.
See item and description below - compatible model highlighted BLUE:
CPU 8 Pin Male to CPU 8(4+4) Pin Male, TeamProfitcom EPS-12V Motherboard Power Adapter Cable for EVGA Modular Power Supply 32 inches (NOT PCI-e - GPU !!!)
NOTE : compatible ONLY with EVGA modular power supply - 650GS / 750B2 / 1000G1/850G1/750G1/650G1 / 1600T2/1000T2/850T2/750T2 / 1600G2/1300G2/1000G2/850G2/750G2/650G2/550G2 / 1600P2/1200P2/1000P2/850P2/750P2/650P2 / 1000G3/850G3/750G3/650G3/550G3 650GQ/750GQ/850GQ/1000GQ 650BQ/750BQ/850BQ.
I have not verified the GPU as working in another system. It was brand new to the build.
All equipment came from B&H Photo Video Audio and Amazon.
I could not locate the BIOS sticker on the top of the board. I suppose it's likely on the bottom which I can't see since it's installed in the case?

Aug 2, 2021
If green BOOT_LED comes on and stays on then you have an issue with your SSD/HDD storage device. Post would not advance and hence no output to monitor.
Could be that Bios does not recognise your storage device or it has not installed correctly.
I tried booting without the SSD 980 and got the same result.
According to the benchmark instructions here, I should at least get POST without the SSD as it mentions to add that only after POST and being able to access BIOS, neither of which I can do right now.

I tried booting without the SSD 980 and got the same result.
According to the benchmark instructions here, I should at least get POST without the SSD as it mentions to add that only after POST and being able to access BIOS, neither of which I can do right now.

You would get the same result without the SSD.

During POST your Bios interrogates the system looking for a boot device. NO boot device NO post. The benchmark instructions are incorrect and you would not have access to Bios.
Have you actually installed Windows?

Aug 2, 2021

During POST your Bios interrogates the system looking for a boot device. NO boot device NO post. The benchmark instructions are incorrect and you would not have access to Bios.
This is a new build. I can’t get to the point to install Windows.
I did get the same result with and without SSD - no output to monitor and white vga and green boot light.

Aug 2, 2021
I don’t know if it’s me or you didn't catch the fact that I said I can’t even get a display. I don’t get the Asus logo. I can’t even get to BIOS.
What is installing the OS on another drive going to do?

Aug 2, 2021

Something doesn't read correct here. A failed hard drive would survive turning the power on and let you get to bios and/or display a message of no boot device.
Can anybody help get me past the LED drag that stops on white and green and gives me no display, no ability to hit del to get to bios?

Something doesn't read correct here. A failed hard drive would survive turning the power on and let you get to bios and/or display a message of no boot device.
Can anybody help get me past the LED drag that stops on white and green and gives me no display, no ability to hit del to get to bios?

Just what do you feel is incorrect?

A failed drive (If it contains the OS)would not allow access to Bios as Post would not advance till the error is fixed.

Disconnect all other drives but the drive with the OS on it. If the same condition occurs then more than lightly you have a problem with that drive.

Aug 2, 2021
Same result when I disconnected the SSD and CD-RW drive.
What else could it be?

Aug 2, 2021
Same result when I disconnected the SSD and CD-RW drive.
What else could it be?
So I can update the status of the new build. Where I was getting a bright white and a faint green at the same time has been updated to just a solid bright green.
I took the 980 out and replaced with a hard drive. I’m down to one memory stick.
the hd is confirmed good. Pulled from my working computer.
Any ideas now?

Aug 2, 2021
In addition, the onboard X570 fan spins for orange, red, and white LED. As soon as green comes on that fan stops.
Is these any hint toward bad motherboard?

I'm running out of days to return.

Aug 2, 2021
Another update:
I just took out the GEFORCE card and exchanged it for another lesser card and now I POST. So it had nothing to do with boot device. Useless LEDs light diag.

The green LED is still on but at least I’m in BIOS now.
Suggestions on what to change here and try the GeForce again? Or is this card bad?

Aug 2, 2021
Just what do you feel is incorrect?

A failed drive (If it contains the OS)would not allow access to Bios as Post would not advance till the error is fixed.

Disconnect all other drives but the drive with the OS on it. If the same condition occurs then more than lightly you have a problem with that drive.
I’ve had several systems in the past with bad drives that allow post and access to bios. that’s neither here nor there now. Please see updates below. Never had anything to do with the drive. Popped video out and changed for another and post and bios have been achieved. And…without a hd or SSD present.

I’ve had several systems in the past with bad drives that allow post and access to bios. that’s neither here nor there now. Please see updates below. Never had anything to do with the drive. Popped video out and changed for another and post and bios have been achieved. And…without a hd or SSD present.

Yes you can run a computer without a hard drive however:

The computer starts by checking the two most critical components first: the CPU and RAM. Then it moves to check additional device checks such as the NIC, Keyboard, Mouse and DISK, other bus attached devices ( PCI/PCI-E ).

Computers can be booted over a network, through a USB drive, or even off of a CD or DVD. However can the system boot to an operating system? NO.

At that point it would look for an Operating System to boot. Unless you have something like Linux on a USB or CD drive, the computer would not find anything to load, and just sit there with a no bootable device error on the screen.
You can start it, but it won’t do anything.

I now refer to your original post where you stated:

This as I previously stated is an issue with your Boot device based on what you stated.

OK I hope were clear now. Enjoy your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.