Question No POST on custom built PC after doing some minor maintenance

Mustangf22

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I have a custom-built PC. I am not new to building PC's I just have a problem that i cannot seem to solve by myself.
The problem has to be user induced but I cannot trace it down.
It started when I decided I wanted to add 2 more HDDs to my setup. I have a custom water-cooling loop that cools the CPU and 2 GPUs in SLI. Therefor it was impossible to connect new sata cables to the MB without removing a lot of water lines and the 2 GPUs. As the space is quite tight I did have trouble getting the GPU's off the PCI-E connection. but all went relatively smoothly. After all was said and done and my new drives were installed I ran into the issue. The MB gets power indicated by a green LED on the southbridge. then changes to a quick 2 flash of blue and continues into a slow blue fade in and out. When I press the power button nothing happens.

I have checked the power button connections. (all good). I have even tried a screwdriver to cross the pins. I tried without the new drives. I tried one GPU at a time in different PCI-e slots. I have checked every connection to the MB from the PSU. I tried a known good GPU from my other PC. I've examined the MB for damage where i might possibly have allowed a tool to touch it.

No water has gotten on anything when I removed the water lines either. I made sure of that when taking out the GPUs.

Yes the PC was working excellent before I all of this

So my questions are... What causes a no post with no attempt to post typically(no fans come on, no LEDs change or turn on. Simply dead other than the breathing Blue LED)? Anything I should try to narrow down the possibilities? Is that a normal ASRock Taichi LED sequence as I described above?

Specs:
ASRock Taichi x370 AM4
x2 Nvidia Asus Poseidon 1080 TI GPUs
Ryzen 1700x
32 GB corsair vengeance ddr4 ram
XFX platinum 1000w PSU
m.2 1tb SSD
lots of other HDDs/SSDs... on SATA

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS