Carolus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
hey;
here's the thing, i assembled a new pc, but there is nothing shown on the monitor. the monitor does stop blinking the annoying "no signal" orange lignts. the fans power up and all that good stuff. there are however no beeps, tried 3 differents speakers for that. the video cards led lights go on, both of them, and dont stop. heres what i tried so far:
clearing cmos (jumper and battery)
taking out mobo and placing it outside on a cardboad box
swap ram
reseat cpu
pray to ancient pagan gods

heres the specs
AMD64 3200+ (venice)
1gb corsair ddr400 VS
200GB samsung hd
lite on dvdrw
sapphire x1800gto
sapphire PC-RD480adv (something like that)
Rosewill 550w 35a12v
Enermax Liberty 620 (i thought the other PSU was at fault)

should note that LAST TIME I TRIED, I HEARD A SHORT, HAVENT TOUCHED IT SINCE. THE PSU JUST SHUT DOWN BY ITSELF.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Have you tried using the integrated video as your source when getting this going? Take out the videocard and just use the RD480 chipset. After you get it going, then upgrade to real video and disable the northbridge video.

Carolus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
unfortunately, this sapphire board does not have integrated video. its a crossfire board. i thought it had integrated video when i bought it, but no.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
All that's left to do is swap the videocard out into something else to see if it works. If it does then either your mobo or cpu is dead. 99% of the time it will be the mobo.