No post or bios

May 8, 2018
Hello for the past few days my pc hasen't post or loaded bios. This is not a new build it as worked before, but after it displayed a message "hardware error" from bsod it hasen't boot up again. The system is msi z170 tomahawk, i7 6700k, 4x2gb corsair vengeance, gtx750ti,CIT 700w(3 years old only not new component).note I'm not the most experienced but put together other builds with no issue. Now I've gone through the specifics of the guide to troubleshoot this type of problem. Just cpu and hfs I get the long beep from ram and ez debug light on continuously, insert ram and no more beeps, if I connect the gpu w/o 6 pin power I get message "connect power please", as soon as I connect it I get back to problem no post or bios. I have sent the motherboard trough and Rma back to msi in which they applied an new bios and sent it back, but that hasen't solved my problem. The only thing I can see is that the psu works on older build normally but on this one the fan seems to almost struggle to a crawl opposite to the function in older build which runs smoothly. Please ask your questions so I can get to the bottom of cpu or psu.
I'll try to link a video of mb w/o va to show ez debug leds function.http://
Thank you

Solution

Welcome to Tom's!
Have you added any new components, such as a GPU, or is the gtx750ti the only GPU you've had installed? As far as the CPU or PSU being the culprit, my vote is for the PSU. According to this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
CIT is rated at tier 5, avoid at all costs, as a PSU, it makes a great paperweight(as long as you don't plug it in!).
I would recommend a 5-600 watt unit from tiers 1 or 2, as a replacement.

Solution
May 8, 2018
Hi thank you for responding and for the list,it came at good time because I was already searching for new psu and list makes it real easy to choose, hopefully a new psu might solve my issue if not I reckon it's the cpu,hope not. Again thank you.

You're welcome! Hope everything works out!