[SOLVED] No POST or QLEDs on first boot ?

Nov 11, 2021
I built the PC less than a week ago and have been having issues with booting. On the first boot, all fans start spinning, the motherboard and VGA RGB lights come on. Nothing shows up on my monitor and no QLEDs light up on the mobo. If I hit the reset button, the fans and lights reset, but the monitor and QLED remain blank ?

If I hold the power button down at this point and turn the PC on again, it will boot in safe mode and I can use it normally.
If I choose "Restart" from the Windows menu once the PC is working, it restarts with no issues.

I made sure the front panel connectors were plugged into the right place and turned off Quick Start in Windows and BIOS. Neither one helped.

Specs:
CPU: i5 12600K
Cooler: Liquid Freezer II 280
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 ATX LGA 1700
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR4-3200
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 120GB
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 Evo 1TB
HDD: WD 1TB
VGA: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
PSU: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It was stated on a video by JayzTwoCents that the newer 12th Gen platform motherboards tend to take a lot longer than previous generations to boot. The storage options in your build make me think that you recycled your drives from an older build. If so, did you reinstall the OS after the "upgrade"? As for your BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

It was stated on a video by JayzTwoCents that the newer 12th Gen platform motherboards tend to take a lot longer than previous generations to boot. The storage options in your build make me think that you recycled your drives from an older build. If so, did you reinstall the OS after the "upgrade"? As for your BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard?

Which two slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

Solution
Nov 11, 2021
Thanks for the welcome!

I've been trying a few more things out in the past hour and I believe I just solved it. My BIOS wasn't updated but that didn't seem to fix anything. I noticed that XMP was enabled after updating the BIOS and turning that off led to a normal boot.