Question No post/power button not working

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
So I had this pc for 2 years, I wanted to buy a new case cause I got bored of the older one since it was just a black box. So I ordered a new one.
Since last week my pc has been acting weird, it wouldn’t post unless I turned off and on the psu, meaning I would hit the power button everything would run but no post, but when it flicked the psu switch on and off it would work.
my new case arrived today and I normally removed everything from the old case and moved it in the new one, i checked every cable, tried with and without gpu, check every ram slot but still, when I press the psu switch the pc starts automatically, doesn’t show anything on screen, fans work, hard drives work but for some reason the power button won’t work, meaning I can’t shut it off from there so I switch the psu off
Like I said I have tried removing and checking all of the components, except the CPU(since removing it won’t prove me anything)
I really need help, also to mention I don’t have a beep speaker in my mobo, and that there is a possibility my CMOS battery is dead, since my pc clock didn’t keep track and I heard that’s a CMOS problem
I didn’t change any components I kept everything the same just moved it to another case.
Everything is 2~ years old I never swapped any component.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Motherboard:Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ram:G skill aegis 2x8gb 3000mhz
Cpu:R3 2200g
Gpu:Gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb
Psu:Coolermaster master watt lite 400W
Case:Kolink void
Monitor:Samsung sync master s22b350

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you swapped components over, please mention the new parts as well as the older parts. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Might want to also include images of your build in case something might be awry.

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Given how you swapped components over, please mention the new parts as well as the older parts. Include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Might want to also include images of your build in case something might be awry.
I’m sorry I’m from a phone and I can’t really find how to add images+I wrote this in a rush since I’m at work right now

TRENDING THREADS