Question No post problem with PC

thebarte12

Reputable
Jun 11, 2019
Hi guys! I have problem with my PC. Today I turned on my computer and I saw only lights and fans spinning. My PC didnt post and it keep restarting. I turned it off and i checked wires and connectors. When I reseated bios battery PC launched to Windows but it crashed after couple of minutes. After reseating ram my PC was working fine but when I wanted to turn on my PC again the same issue - no post. I have 2 ram sticks in 1 and 3 slot. When I removed ram from first slot PC posted but when I added ram to first slot - again mm post. Later I managed to launch PC with 2 sticks and it work well for now (~4h). Every time this issue occured my bios settings returned to default. I checked ram with memtest64 and no errors. I checked CPU with Intel diagosnotic tool and its fine. 30 mins in occt and no errors. I dont know whats going on with my PC. Could you help me? I dont know what to do, im really sad :/

Spec:
i5 8500
Rtx 2060 gaming z
Gigabyte z370 hd3 op
Hyperx predator 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz
Silentiumpc vero m2 bronze 600w
Adata su800 128gb + wd Blue 1tb with 32gb Intel optane

Sorry for my bad English. I dont speak English so much since i finished school xD

thebarte12

Reputable
Jun 11, 2019
It's not no name psu. It's very popular brand in Poland. You can check in Google. A lot of PC builders in Polands recommends silentiumpc psu and other components form this company. I have CPU cooler silentiumpc Spartan pro 3 he1024, case regnum rg4 and two fans Sigma pro, all high quality products. Im sure it's not psu fault.

Look here. A lot of positive opinions

logainofhades

Titan
A 3yr warranty bronze unit, is low quality, period. Just because it is popular, doesn't make it good. There are raidmax units, on Newegg, with a lot of reviews, and nobody that knows anything about PSU's, would actually use one.

That said, have you tried a bios update? There is a possibility that board is running on an old bios revision, and is causing you problems. Are you also using the latest version of windows, via media creation tool?

thebarte12

Reputable
Jun 11, 2019
I'm sure my psu is good quality. But If this issue will occur again I will swap to my old thermaltake Smart se 630w and I will see.

I updated bios 2-3 months ago and everything worked fine until now. My windows is UP to date too. I think its not related to Windows because when it happened, i didnt see even bios logo.

thebarte12

Reputable
Jun 11, 2019
So 1 week ago I had the same problem. I fixed it. There is bios update for this mobo which improve stability with Kingston memory. I reseated memory sticks to other slots and with no XMP pc booted. I updated bios and reseated memory again and now with XMP 3200mhz everything works fine.
1.png

TRENDING THREADS