Question No POST!? Red cpu light, tried everything I can think of! Help!!

Oct 8, 2020
Hi guys, so out of nowhere, my pc has stopped working. It turns on, the lights and fans all come on and then it turns off, after about 5 seconds, for about a second and then back on again. There’s a red led at the top right of the mobo which after reading the manual I think is the debugging light and red means cpu. I’m getting no signal on my monitors.
Things I’ve tried:

reseating cpu
Reseating ram
Trying with only one stick in all seats
Reseating cpu cooler with new thermal paste
Unplugging all irrelevant things from pc such as peripherals, except one monitor so see if it was a power issue
Reseating gpu
Unplugging and plugging back in the cpu, gpu and mobo power wires

from what I’ve read, if none of this has worked it could mean some very bad news for me as it would seem like my cpu is fried. I’m confused as to how or why as it just happened one day when I turned it on :(
Any help is much appreciated as I cannot afford to replace anything right now :/

system specs:
ASUS z270h
ASUS gtx 1070
I5 7600k

Hi guys, so out of nowhere, my pc has stopped working. It turns on, the lights and fans all come on and then it turns off, after about 5 seconds, for about a second and then back on again. There’s a red led at the top right of the mobo which after reading the manual I think is the debugging light and red means cpu. I’m getting no signal on my monitors.
Things I’ve tried:

reseating cpu
Reseating ram
Trying with only one stick in all seats
Reseating cpu cooler with new thermal paste
Unplugging all irrelevant things from pc such as peripherals, except one monitor so see if it was a power issue
Reseating gpu
Unplugging and plugging back in the cpu, gpu and mobo power wires

from what I’ve read, if none of this has worked it could mean some very bad news for me as it would seem like my cpu is fried. I’m confused as to how or why as it just happened one day when I turned it on :(
Any help is much appreciated as I cannot afford to replace anything right now :/

system specs:
ASUS z270h
ASUS gtx 1070
I5 7600k
I wouldn't conclude the CPU is fried just because the CPU debug light is on. I have seen bad motherboards do this fairly often.

TRENDING THREADS