No POST, working GPU + MOBO. Searched for hours no answer.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

troxyn

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
GPU: gigabyte 7870 GHz edition
MOBO: msi z77a-g41
CPU: i5-3570
PSU: seasonic 520 watt SS-520GM

Issue:
My motherboard and GPU have worked together for 5 years. All of a sudden I got a graphic issue with no bluescreen and had to power down. Upon restarting my GPU no longer posts on startup.

Things I have tried:
- CMOS battery
- update mobo drivers
- new PSU with gpu (1000w)
- 2 other low end GPU
( these seem to work but have terrible artifacting... although they are old and used could be on their end )
-GPU in another PC
( runs like a charm )

My friend who fixes hardware for a living is baffled by this. I really don't want to buy a new component if it will not fix the issue, any help is appreciated...

troxyn

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
Couple problems with that friend. I'll need to wait until I can use my buddies external hard drive, it didn't come with a driver cd, and I don't have a cd/dvd reader.

Brand new MB didn't come with a driver CD?

You don't have a flash drive?

You can download all the drivers etc from Intel.

And you don't have Windows on a flash drive either?

Do you have the actual Windows Disk?

Well like I said before something is going on here.

If the card is working in the other computer with the current PSU in the other computer.

Pull that PSU out and put it in the current one and try and see if the graphics card is working.

Reset the bois after you install the card etc before plugging in the power.

Try that 1st.

if the card actually works you should see something, should be able to get into the bois.