vinbot

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
Hi! I didnt see my particular issue under the different threads so I apologize in advance if it was already covered!

I went to reboot my computer Friday and when it restarted I got an odd BIOS sound. I've seen a lot help forums with this problem (the 1-3 beeps that is) but where they fail to help is that those computers were all in some way recently modified or had just been built. This is NOT a new comp or in any way recently modified. It just started out of the blue.

Instead of the normal beep then boot process I got 1 long, 3 short beeps and no computer screen. I used my GF's comp (the one I'm using now to post this..) to research this and found its either Video or Memory related (possibly even motherboard depending on the site you look at..) The computer starts, the fans spin, I hear the hard drives etc.

Corrective actions so far:

-Removed and tested RAM in a different computer; it works fine
-Used 1 stick and comp started up and ran fine
-Next day again the 1-3 beeps
-Removed and reseated RAM; no POST at all.. WTF??
-Tried every possible slot for RAM; Removed all RAM just to see what happened and got 3 short beeps so I
guess that should be as is?
-Removed and replace CMOS battery
-Reseated Video Card
-Dead, dead, dead (gets power but no beepz lol)

My system:
-A8N32-SLI MoBo
-8800 Nvidia GTS
-2 Megs DDR 333 OCS mem
-160G Western digital HD
-AMD 64 3400 PCU

Again, I made absolutely no recent hardware/system changes (aside from running DosBox a lot lately for some old games but I truly doubt that has anything to do with this..) I welcome any suggestions! Please HALP!!!