trizero

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
in my manual it says i should get beeps while it runs post. i heard no beeps and nothing appears on my monitor but no signal. also my keyboard does not work. im pretty sure everything is connected right except i have a 20+4 pin cable and when plugged in the 4 pin doesnt stay tight. also what are jumper settings? the manual says to check them if i dont hear beeps. i only have overvoltage and cmos jumpers and havent touched them. i also have extra cables from my case. already tried the one ram at a time thing. everything else in my system seems to work good (fans, leds, mobo lights)

asus p6t deluxe
evga gtx 285
i7 920
nzxt lexa blackline
ocz gold 1600 3x2gb
coolermaster v8

i tested the sytem with no memory in and still didnt get any beeps, i dont know if its because theres simply no speaker for post or not though

jumpers are little electrical connectors that connect adjacent pins on the back of hard drives , cd/dvd drives and in the old days lots on motherboards . Sometimes still on motherboards .

For your computer to beep when it POSTS it will have to have a small speaker that is either in the case or came with the case plugged in to the correct pins on the mb . Usually right beside the ones where the power and rest buttons plug in . Check your motherboard manual to see where it plugs

There are two power cables to the mb . One is 20/24 pin and the 4 pin block clips on the 20 pin section . Make sure its clipped together properly b4 you insert it in the MB . There is also a 4 or 8 pin connector that is usually near the processor . That must be connected too .

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Also, check the cmos jumper you talked about. Many times when building, it's a good idea to clear the cmos information. Basically it's just making sure everything in the bios is at stock settings.

What kind of psu do you have? The 4/8 pin cpu power should be snug, (this is in addition to the 20/4 pin main power). There is usually a clip on the connector to hold it down. You should also have a 6 pin power going to the video card. Push down on the video card to make sure it is seated all the way.

trizero

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
yippee nvm all reset the cmos, worked after the second time i tried? thats what you get when you go open box thanx