[SOLVED] No power at all, cant even boot.

Sep 6, 2019
I have just recently bought the Ryzen 5 3600 cpu and the MSI X570-A PRO along with 16 GB of DDR4 3200 trident Z ram and MWE 650 gold coolermaster psu and i am using a GTX 2060. I cant even boot as i am not recieving power though the system, could this be a build problem or would i need to flash the bios or could i have been given a bad motherboad? All cabels are pluged in correctly and we have tried multiple psu's.

Solution
after just testing seperate parts i found that the psu does make a noise when turn it onto the on position it makes a little tick noise, the other parts that i have to test make the same noise when powered off and on, it is not the cpu, ram or gpu as they work perfectly fine with a different motherboard and powersupply. I have a suspision that it is the motherboard.
Do any lights come on the motherboard?
Again if not, I would sooner look at PSU.

You could always try a paperclip test just to see if the PSU fires up, if it doesn't then you know it's the PSU. If it does, then it could still be PSU or MB. https://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Power-Supply

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Reactions: Kieran Walton
Sep 6, 2019
after just testing seperate parts i found that the psu does make a noise when turn it onto the on position it makes a little tick noise, the other parts that i have to test make the same noise when powered off and on, it is not the cpu, ram or gpu as they work perfectly fine with a different motherboard and powersupply. I have a suspision that it is the motherboard.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Do any lights come on the motherboard?
Again if not, I would sooner look at PSU.

You could always try a paperclip test just to see if the PSU fires up, if it doesn't then you know it's the PSU. If it does, then it could still be PSU or MB. https://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Power-Supply

Solution
Sep 6, 2019
ok so i replaced each individual component into my other test bench that i have and everything works perfectly fine, the ram, cpu, gpu, ssd's and psu all work so that leads me to assume that the motherboard i was given was dodgy and ill go and replace it within the next day or so and see if it all works.

Reactions: PC Tailor