[SOLVED] No power at all on pc

May 3, 2020
Alright to start off my pc died around 3 weeks ago after I had installed new case fans and it would not turn on no fans spinning nothing. And I made sure no cables were unplugged or anything and it still wouldn’t turn on. So I decided to get a new power supply and it still has absolutely no power. Next I took it someone I knew that knew much more about computers than me and he said he thought it was the motherboard that had died so I decided to order a new motherboard, got it today and guess what it still will not power on and I have also tried different ram pretty much nothing works. I have also tried taking it out if the case and putting it on a cardboard box and turning it on but it still will not turn on. I just don’t understand how it will not turn on at this point. If anyone has any suggestions I would sure appreciate it

Specs:
Ryzen 7 1800x
MSi gaming pro carbon ac
GeForce gtx 1080ti
Viper rgb ram 8x2
Evga supernova g3 750w brand new

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Are you certain that the electrical wall outlet and any interim devices (power strips, surge protectors, etc.) are operational?

Any little reset buttons?

On the motherboard: any LEDs or beeps?

May 3, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Are you certain that the electrical wall outlet and any interim devices (power strips, surge protectors, etc.) are operational?

Any little reset buttons?

On the motherboard: any LEDs or beeps?
I updated it, and yes I made sure they are operational and no reset button beeps nothing.

May 3, 2020
What was the original PSU?

When you installed the new PSU did you use the cables that came with it or did you reuse the existing cables from the original PSU?
I used the cables that came with it, and currently have someone working g on it but what he noticed was when the cpu latch was pulled down to lock the cpu the motherboard would lose power but when it was lifted back up it would go off again

May 3, 2020
"when lifted back up it would go off again"

Did you mean to say "on again" with respect to lifting the cpu latch?

Could be a short with the latch is down.
The latch when pushed down to lock the cpu in the motherboard will not power on no fans spinning or anything but when I lift the latch up to unlock the cpu it will power on and I the thing is I’ve tried 3 motherboards with one of them being new and also purchased a brand new psu and it’s the same with all three boards so I’m about positive that the cpu is faulty

Ralston18

Titan
Just to be sure that I am following correctly:

The same CPU in three different motherboards and the same problem with all three motherboards.

No other changes or differences?

Does the problem happen with the motherboards when tested outside the case and tested inside the case?

Are you using the cables that came with the new PSU versus other, older cables from the previous PSU?

May 3, 2020
Just to be sure that I am following correctly:

The same CPU in three different motherboards and the same problem with all three motherboards.

No other changes or differences?

Does the problem happen with the motherboards when tested outside the case and tested inside the case?

Are you using the cables that came with the new PSU versus other, older cables from the previous PSU?
Yes I’ve tested outside and inside the case and I use the cables that are supplied with the psu

Ralston18

Titan
Solution

TRENDING THREADS