Question No power coming through even after motherboard replacement

Nov 29, 2020
I recently did my first new build. I had an Asus TUF Gaming X570 motherboard initially. I thought the motherboard was broken so got it replaced. Now I've received an MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and getting the same issue. I thought the motherboard was the issue in the first case because when I carried out the pin test on the PSU, the fans spun. Could the probably still be with the PSU?

The issue I'm getting exactly is a white LED lighting on the GPU but no fans or output from the machine on start. I've also tried shorting the power switch and still got nothing. Parts as follows: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DhLzZZ

Would appreciate any help!

Nov 29, 2020
Installed the CPU 3 times now - no bended pins. Started with the new board on the cardboard box and tried to bread-board before putting it in the case. Stripped it down to just the CPU, cooler and RAM and still no response.

Nov 29, 2020
Hi, the B450 tomahawk max has out of the box support for 3xxx series (no bios update required). Confirmed on partpicker and on the Amazon listing. I have a 3700x installed. I would have thought that I'd get an error LED for the CPU if the motherboard was getting any power and the CPU was incompatible

Nov 29, 2020
Hi! The RAMs are in slot 2 and 4. For single stuck testing, I placed it in 2 as per manual. Power switch is in the right pin. Tested by trying to short those two pins with a screwdriver plenty of times so pretty sure it's not them.