Question No Power in specific parts (mouse, keyboard and video)

EliteSprrow

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Hi, all.

Yesterday I updated my windows and shut down the PC. Today when I turn it on, I get no video signal, also, no power in Keyboard and Mouse USB.

Yet, everything lights up inside the PC and I have USB power in my headset. Despite everything lighting up, the only fans that spin are de NZXT Kraken water cooler fans. Even the fans in the GPU don't spin.

I have done no hardware modification in a while now and I suspect that this may be a MOBO malfunction, due to similar threads I read in this forum. But, yet, I'm not quite sure what is going on with my PC. So I would very much appreciate any help from you guys, so I can try to fix this issue.

Thank you!

Here is my PC configuration.

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
MOBO: Asus Maximus VII fórmula
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW gaming ACX
STORAGE: SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
RAM: Corsair dominator platinum 16GB DDR3
PSU: Corsair RM 850

Last edited:

EliteSprrow

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Well,

If it helps somebody, I managed to fix it doing the following steps:

1. Turned off the PSU
  2. Reconected PSU power cable
  3. Pressed the MOBO reset button on the back

Then it all worked just fine again. Not sure whym though.

EliteSprrow

Honorable
Mar 17, 2015
Guys, I thought the solution above had fixed the problem, but it did not.

Every day, when I try to turn on the computer, it gets in a loop on turning on and off, almost as if it was trying to turn on but lacking power.

Yesterday, I had my keyboard lights on and when I pressed the turn on button on the computer, the keyboard lost energy and turned off all the lights at once.

And one last update: I see that when my PC is turned off, but still plugged in power, I can see the MOBO lights on but the water cooler lights stay barely visible.

Does anyone have a clue why is this happening?

Last edited: