[SOLVED] No power on new build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2024
Ok im stumped. Replaced motherboard, cpu and PSU. Using old rtx 2080 and Liquid cooler. Motherboard is a gigabyte Z790 UD AX, cpu is a I5 12700 and PSU is a corsair rm1000x. I have no power whatsoever. No lights...nothing.

This is the second motherboard I have tried and second PSU. Original build was a z390 and a thermaltake 850w system which was beginning to experience bsod issues that Im 95% sure were mb related. replaced mb with Asus z790 and new cpu...lights but no power (old PSU worked fine with old system). RMA'd Asus and replaced with Gigabyte and NOTHING. No lights no sounds no nothing.

I replaced the PSU considering its old as dirt with the corsair and still nothing. I've rebuilt dozens of systems and never had these issues before. Checked, double-checked and triple-checked all connections but can't seem to figure out what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 2, 2024
Yes, both the 8-pin and the 24-pin are all connected and tight. I even took them out and plugged them back in to be sure.

Mar 2, 2024
I did the pin test and have power to fans/cooler etc but as soon as I plug in the main power plugs its back to nothing ?

Mar 2, 2024
so apparently, although I plugged and unplugged everything 5-6 times something was loose or front panel plugs were off because this last try everything fired up like it should have the first time. No idea which it was but the ordeal is over! Ty Helpstar for trying to help

Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.