No power output?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I have everything all plugged in on my frankenbuild and I can see with a Voltage Tester Pen that power is flowing into the PSU, but nothing is coming out into the cables attached to the computer.

What am I missing?

Corsair RM550x

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

I posted this earlier...lol

"I am currently moving the inards of a Dell Inspirion 3647 into a bigger case, all has gone well up until the power switch arrangement.
The original cable has an extra wire split off of another. Take a look at the pics and see what you think.

https://imgur.com/a/gUHeH

The black and yellow wires go to the led light so I am assuming that is HDDLED. As for power and reset I am stumped and wondering if that black wires attached to the Brown and Blue is going to screw me..

Any solution welcome! Thanks"

I ended up pulling the power button out of the old computer and re connecting it to the motherboard just to test if it would power up at all. That's when I realized I have a problem further down the line.

I also found my voltage tester doesn't get a read on the cables inside my working rig so... now I am kinda stuck.

ragnar-gd

Reputable
Gee, this is far mor complicated than i think... :-D
I have some ATX-switches and leds lying around here for debugging that are meant to be connected directly to the MoBo, so in case the Case-wiring is faulty, i have some simple things working. This wouldn't solve your problem, but migth definitely help in diagnosis.
Identify the Power-on-pins on your mobo, and short them with a metallic pin. That should fire your MoBo IF it is intact at all, and the PSU connected correctly. Be careful not to touch other pins, or, well, buy that kind of equipment.

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017

Thanks Ragnar-gd. I managed to figure it out, it was just the smaller segment of the 24 pin cable had about a millimeter more to go into the psu.(face palm) and get it started but now after a shutdown my monitor is just getting no signal. Even on a different monitor different cables.. D'oh!