[SOLVED] No Power to Front & Rear Panel (MSI B450 Tomahawk)

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks in advance for all assistance received.

I've just completed my first PC build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CADesigns/saved/#view=twqQqs and it looks amazing. I turned it on for the first time and everything appeared to be OK--CPU, intake and exhaust fans started, graphics card and LED strips lit up, etc.--except I didn't hear the usual beeps associated with the hard drive loading. In addition, nothing appeared on the monitor. I rechecked connections and still got the same results when I powered it on again. Then I noticed that the HDD LED on the front panel wasn't blinking even though the Power LED was on--the PC turns ON and OFF with no issues, and the RESET button works fine. However, when I connected my iPhone via USB to both the front and rear USB jacks, nothing happened.

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this issue.

Aug 20, 2019
I would try to take one RAM stick out first.

LOL I was writing a reply to thank you for your earlier suggestion as you were writing this.

Thankfully, I didn't have to go as far as checking/replacing the RAM.

I only needed to update the BIOS! And it's a good thing the B450 TOMAHAWK is equipped with BIOS FLASHBACK+, so I was able to Flash the BIOS with a USB jump drive. Thanks for your help.

Currently in the process of setting preferences in BIOS for PWM fans, etc. Next I'll install Windows.

Reactions: vov4ik_il
LOL I was writing a reply to thank you for your earlier suggestion as you were writing this.

Thankfully, I didn't have to go as far as checking/replacing the RAM.

I only needed to update the BIOS! And it's a good thing the B450 TOMAHAWK is equipped with BIOS FLASHBACK+, so I was able to Flash the BIOS with a USB jump drive. Thanks for your help.

Currently In the process of setting preferences in BIOS for PWM fans, etc. Next I'll install Windows.

Glad you found your issue!

Reactions: CADesigns