No Power Up

I have a Gateway 1450 Solo that for some reason has no power. I have
replaced the a/c adapter and the battery but still no go. What does happen
is while the a/c adapter is connected and the batter installed the amber
charging light is on, but nothing happens when I put the power button. The
other thing that happens, is when I remove the batter and just leave the a/c
adapter connected the USB hub glows briefly, then goes out, but it does not
do this when the battery is installed.

It runs Win XP, 256 Ram, 20 gig HD, wireless.

Anyone got any ideas? Oh yes, pushing the reset button on the bottom does
not help.

Thanks for anyone who might have suggestions that I can try before I take it
to a repair shop.

Hi I have the same exact problem
and can not find a fix for it
the unit is out of warranty at the moment and
it is very expensive to send it out to gateway
please let me know if someone has a solution for this

thanks

caglar k