[SOLVED] No programs will open after a BSOD

ThatGuyKai

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
Hey Guys hoping someone can help im at my wits end

Iv spent days trying to fix an issue with my PC, essentially no programs or apps will open on my pc its like they are either being blocked or hanging in the background and become totally unresponsive and cannot even be ended by the task manager or using task kill as it says they arent open,
This started roughly 4 days ago after i had some strange issues where my keyboard, mouse and headset would all switch off momentarily and then would turn back on, after which i had a Blue screen error which was the watchdogs timeout error which i get somewhat frequently after push my pc playing a heavy duty game, never had anything like this happen before and have done multiple virus and malware checks using kaspersky and malwarebytes and have repaired some files using the /scannow command.

Now oddly all of my apps will run fine in safe mode but even with a clean normal boot they wont even budge an inch except for my geforce experience which has had issues since the bluescreen happened.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction thank you in advance

Kyle

Solution
if you have onboard video chipset i would remove gpu and try this for the spare see if a friend could test your gpu in system or the other way .

ThatGuyKai

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
stick with 1 thread
Hey Guys hoping someone can help im at my wits end

Iv spent days trying to fix an issue with my PC, essentially no programs or apps will open on my pc its like they are either being blocked or hanging in the background and become totally unresponsive and cannot even be ended by the task manager or using task kill as it says they arent open,
This started roughly 4 days ago after i had some strange issues where my keyboard, mouse and headset would all switch off momentarily and then would turn back on, after which i had a Blue screen error which was the watchdogs timeout error which i get somewhat frequently after push my pc playing a heavy duty game, never had anything like this happen before and have done multiple virus and malware checks using kaspersky and malwarebytes and have repaired some files using the /scannow command.

Now oddly all of my apps will run fine in safe mode but even with a clean normal boot they wont even budge an inch except for my geforce experience which has had issues since the bluescreen happened.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction thank you in advance

Kyle

ThatGuyKai

Reputable
Oct 14, 2016
remove ge force experience and reinstall it also you might try to use another gpu for test since there is driver issue with this one .

I have already tried to reinstall the GeForce experience multiple times and the same issue occurs, sometimes I can’t even uninstall GeForce experience properly as the uninstall just freezes and never completes, and sadly I have no spare gpu to test with.