no raid drivers?

blasteuyt

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018
Hey guys!
i have been watching "tech yes city" on YouTube for a while now and finally decided to build a x58 system myself
(go to the last paragraph for actual question)

Specs
Mobo: asus p6t ws pro
Ram: 6x2gb corsair dominator 1600 ddr3 in triple channel
Cpu: Xeon x5675 @stock clocks for now
Gpu: 970 (temporarily let my friend have my 980 and he gave me his 970 for a bit)
Psu: coolermaster 700W
storage: 2x 250gb Samsung SSD and a 1tb seagate HDD

now for my problem the specs do not really matter all to much but just wanted to let you guys know what i am working with, The p6t is not officially supported anymore so drivers stopped at windows 7 but Microsoft did a good job with finding drivers and everything is running really smooth and i have had no issues at all, north bridge heat sink is getting cooled properly because i got a small fan pointing right at it :)

Yesterday however my friend opened up device manager and found out i do not have any RAID controller drivers and my pc is working fine.. he said that if my pc is working fine and all my drives get detected properly i should not worry but wanted to hear what your opinions are on the no RAID issue.

Thanks in advance

blasteuyt

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018

no I am not using RAID hence my friend saying I should forget about it but thought there might be a whole other story to it.. not sure

Did you install all your drivers or just let windows updates download and install them. I would recommend heading over to asus's webpage and downloading the latest drivers they have..... SATA, Chipset, Lan, Audio, and Bios. There is also a newer Firmware driver for your Marvell 6320 sas controller.

On a side note driver support stopped with windows 8.1 for that board and you can still use those for windows 10. -> running a x58 Asus rampage 3 extreme with a Xeon X5690 at work with windows 10, driver support stops at win 8.1 as well.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Do you have a link to those for the OP?
I could see the same things, a BIOS update & a QVL.... no drivers.

111111111.png

You can use the win 7 drivers on windows 10 thats all i used for my install. Looking up my board they actually have an audio driver for windows 10 now, also if you look at the bios version for 7, 8, and 8.1 they are all the same version.

But since hes using windows 7 i would still get all the drivers from Asus and use those over windows updates.

first thing i do on a new install is Lan, Firefox, GPU, then hit the MB site for the rest of the drivers, only then do i do windows updates.

blasteuyt

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018

i let windows install all drivers (did nothing myself :/ ) did you say windows 7 drivers would be okay on windows 10 since those are the latest drivers for chipset lan sata etc...