No Ram works

LIGHTZEUS1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
The type of computer I have is a hp 500 y with the h type motherboard. I just recently upgraded my graphics card and ram, doing the card first. The graphics card worked perfectly fine so I then proceeded onto the ram. ( graphics card being the GeForce GT 630)
I removed the stock ran which was a 4x2 setup and placed in my 4x8 setup, which didn't work see as my computer could only handle 16 gigs. So I went out and bought these but when I placed the 4x4 setup it still did on short beep and one long. This happens even with the original ram now and I can't use my computer at all.
I need some serious help here

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try a clear cmos first.

You can take the pc totally of the power=cable out of the wall socket/switch at the back at 0,after that remove the motherboard battery for 5min.,maybe even push the power button for a short while,after that put the battery back and reconnect to the power.

LIGHTZEUS1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
K I will try that though it's gonna be several hours since I have other activities to do, thanks for the response and please keep a lookout for whether it works or not, cause I definitely do not want to buy a new motherboard

LIGHTZEUS1

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
Unfortunately your solution didn't work. What boggles my mind the most is that it worked after installing the new video card and then when we put in new ram that didn't work and then neither did the old ram . Any more advice?

TRENDING THREADS