No recognition of pci express slots

May 15, 2018
So I just installed windows on my new pc and it works fine but I have a gtx 1050 ti on one pcie slot and a tp link WiFi adapter on the other slot. So my windows doesn’t read these slots and the house and the adapter are working fine because light and fans are rotating.due to this I can’t connect to the internet through WiFi and also my god is not recognised in device Manager along with my network adaptor. I went to the bios of my msi be50m pro vdh motherboard and enabled the “resume by pci-e device” option which enables or disables the wake up function of installed pci-e cards but still there’s no change. Pls help me out on my 1st pc build

Solution
The board needs to be told what it has, until you load the drivers, it doesnt even know it HAS PCIE slots.

The mobo should have come with a CD/DVD containing the drivers, it should always be the FIRST thing you install after the operating system.

If you dont have a CD/DVD drive, get the drivers from the mobo website and run them.
Hi,

Is it that the drivers are not installed maybe ?

If you go to device manager, do you see yellow exclamation marks ?

Install the driver from cd it came with or goto a computer with internet access and download nvidia driver for 1505 ti and wifi adapter from manifacturer's website.

May 15, 2018
The gpu and network adapter are not even shown in the device manager. So you want me to install the driver with a usb and connect it to my new pc? But the gpu and network adapter are not even there in the device manager

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
The board needs to be told what it has, until you load the drivers, it doesnt even know it HAS PCIE slots.

The mobo should have come with a CD/DVD containing the drivers, it should always be the FIRST thing you install after the operating system.

If you dont have a CD/DVD drive, get the drivers from the mobo website and run them.

Solution