No reserve icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedFury

Distinguished
I had to reinstall Windows on my PC (HDD Format) and before I did, I had reserved my own copy like I should. Now that I've reinstalled Windows, the Reserve Copy icon does not appear. I had a lot of trouble going through updates to get the correct update that installed the GWX files (which I have now.) GWX wouldn't open, so right now I'm reinstalling a ton of updates, but, if you reserve a copy, is it tied to your MS account or PC?

Solution
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-the-windows-10-upgrade-icon-if-its-missing/

this worked for me. I didn't get the file from dropbox though. I googled it and then downloaded and ran as administrator.
I wanna say it's tied to the computer. Because I was asked to reserve a copy on two of my computers that use the same MS account and I did for both and got two confirmation emails.

But it doesn't mean anything, they're infinite copies of windows 10, so you're not doing anything more than telling microsoft in advance you plan to upgrade to windows 10 asap.

Double44

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015

Given the lack of sources, how did you Google that exactly? Might help if others knew who or where that file was coming from. A Dropbox link is not enough for me to entrust my system to that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.