No reviews for the Geil Forza. Are they better or worse than the Corsair Vengeance?

GabeBB

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
First of all happy holidays :)

I'm just unfamiliar with these products and I couldn't find a single review for the Geil Forza, there were a bunch of announcements about its launch but no actual reviews or comparisons to other RAM.

I was about to buy a Geil Forza 3200 16-16-16 the other day but it suddenly went out of stock. So I could wait for it to come back in stock or I could go with a Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 15-17-17.

Which one would you get? The Corsair is a tad slower at 3000 but if it is a better product overall then I'd rather get it instead of the Geil.

I usually determine that kind of thing by reading reviews for both products and then comparing, but in this case there are no reviews (at least for the Forza) so I'm stuck :(

Solution
Honestly for gaming there's no difference between the two.
And for de/compressing it's pretty little.

Corsair RAM is usually very reliable.
Haven't heard bad things about GeIL either.
So if it's not more expensive I'd just with what's available
Honestly for gaming there's no difference between the two.
And for de/compressing it's pretty little.

Corsair RAM is usually very reliable.
Haven't heard bad things about GeIL either.
So if it's not more expensive I'd just with what's available

Solution

EtnoNyt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
You will probably not notice the difference of 200MHz.
I will get the Corsair one. No point to risk the money on an unfamiliar product when it is not noticeably better than a proved reliable product.

GabeBB

Reputable
Jul 14, 2016
Hi Isokolon, thanks so much for the info :) Yeah this is really just for gaming. I guess it comes down to whether I wanna get it now or wait some more haha.

Is there much difference between 16-16-16 and 16-18-18 because I came across a Ripjaws set that was within my <$85 budget but had the higher timings and I didn't know whether it was a good buy

Thanks Etnonyt, I'm wondering the same thing. Corsair has a great reputation so it might just be safest :)