[SOLVED] no rgb header

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
hi guys

i have been looking at what the motherboard rgb can do and i really want that in my pc but my motherboard doesnt support rgb.

question is which product/s do i need to get to make my case do all those special lighting? i can only do 1 color at a time but want other kind of effect too.

man thanks

Solution
If you get the CoolerMaster A-RGB Led Small Controller, see its manual here

It comes with four cables. One (item C) to feed lights has three standard 3-pin ARGB male output connectors, and a two-connector fourth arm used to connect to a mobo ARGB header, which you will not use. Item D is just a 3-output splitter cable for fan MOTORS you probably don't need. Item B has two ends: one to plug into a SATA power output from the PSU, and another used with Item E for ... I don't know what. But the key here is that it provides three standard male 3-pin lighting outputs.

On the Phanteks side, some of their kits come with an adapter cable, but you may not have received that with your case...

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Here is one :

is this what you're looking for ?

yes! i didnt know such thing would exist! really happy to find that out, i was expecting someone would say get the phantek starter kit or something like that but the card is way better.

so if i buy that then could i do everything you can do on an addressable motherboard?

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
yes! i didnt know such thing would exist! really happy to find that out, i was expecting someone would say get the phantek starter kit or something like that but the card is way better.

so if i buy that then could i do everything you can do on an addressable motherboard?

it looks like it takes 2 3 pin 4 pin electricity from your motherboard fan headers and gives you like 4 rgb headers . i have not worked with rgb headers myself though .

Reactions: froggy8

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
they do . i have an asus z390 prime and it's like what you say. But this card / gives you 4 RGB headers to fullfill your needs.
i waas thinking about upgarding my motherboard due to the rgb header issue, this solves about 70 percent of my problems.

so all i need to do is slot that card in my pc just like any other gpu? then plug the 3 and 4 pin to power it up? all i nned to do is plug 4 of my halo fans in the 4 socket then download a rgb software and start the software?

sorry for the questions, all i have for rgb is from my case and it only does 1 colour at a time.

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
i waas thinking about upgarding my motherboard due to the rgb header issue, this solves about 70 percent of my problems.

so all i need to do is slot that card in my pc just like any other gpu? then plug the 3 and 4 pin to power it up? all i nned to do is plug 4 of my halo fans in the 4 socket then download a rgb software and start the software?

sorry for the questions, all i have for rgb is from my case and it only does 1 colour at a time.
i have not worked with onboard RGB myself , all i realize is that they are probably for synching RGB colors .

but yes from what it looks like it draws RGB power from chassis fan headers on your motherboard.

cheers mate / dude

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
also can i download any software to control the lighting?
well i don't think fans infront of your case can handle software , but i used to have this ThreadRipper motherboard , it had RGB options in the BIOS settings. if you connect them all you can pretty sure control the color sync from your motherboard , or maybe a windows 10 software like you said .

froggy8

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019