No Room For HTC Vive Roomscale VR? Don't Worry, You Don’t Need 15x15 Feet Of Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I still dont see this taking off its wonderful what there doing but most people aren't going to spend 800 dollars ((Cost with shipping)) for something like this!. Same goes for Rift. With out large scale support from consumers its going to be like the Wii a wonderful amazing concept. That AAA titles ignore because not enough people bought into it.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
until this is wireless, room scale is worthless, and unless they add in a small webcam to see what is in front of you, i would never want to trust the tech to lead me around blind... here's hoping this gets cut to make future versions cheaper.

dmdport

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
until this is wireless, room scale is worthless, and unless they add in a small webcam to see what is in front of you, i would never want to trust the tech to lead me around blind... here's hoping this gets cut to make future versions cheaper.
Theres a camera on the front of the vive for just that. You map out your room space before hand and it tells you when your about to reach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.