No RPM reading with Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro ?!?

Hello,

I've just built a new PC together:

- Mainboard: GigaByte K8VT800 Pro
- CPU-cooler: Arctic CPU Silencer Ultra 64 TC
- Power supply: Enermax EG365AX-VE(G) FMA

Both the CPU Cooler plug and the power supply fan plug have a sense wire
(white), I guess that's for reading out the RPM.
Both plugs are correctly in their accordingly 3-pole sockets.

But Gigabyte's tunig tool says for boths fans "0" RPM. What can be wrong??

Thanks
Roman

Some fans spin too slow for a monitor to correctly give a reading.

I have a fan on an Asus mb, 92mm Enermax with manual speed control. At the
slowest setting, around 800rpm, nothing will pick it up. It is spinning, but
only motherboard monitor detected it after fiddling with the settings. Your
power supply is probably speed controlled, by the heat of the system. So if
your system runs cool, it also might not ramp up the fan rpm's.

PS-
On a DFI K8M800 chipset mb (close to your K8VT800 Pro / K8T800 VIA chipset)
I have, the second motherboard fan header, is NOT monitored, even though it
is a 3pin. It might just be a chipset limitation.
On that mb, I have a Zalman 7000a AlCu running at it's silent 1300-1400 rpm
mode, the BIOS detects 0 rpms on that header - but motherboard monitor
pickes it up, again with fiddling.