[SOLVED] No sign of WiFi whatsoever

Dec 1, 2019
Hello,

I bought a HP Pavilion 15 - dk0004nq, after installing windows 10 there is no sign of wifi anywhere - not in the tooltip in the bottom right, not in the device manager nor in the network settings where it only shows the ethernet option. I downloaded and installed the drivers for my laptop model from the HP website but nothing changed, i also activated everything with wireless or WLAN in the services. Is there any way to fix this.

Also windows doesnt install any updates if that helps solving the case.

Solution
I'm using an older HP computer 3.4 Ghz. For the internet I have Verizon and use a gateway which has the modem and router in one package. The gateway is supplied by Verizon and has fairly easy instructions. The setup was done quite a while ago but I'm sure I had to go to two different sites, one for ethernet and one for the wifi. I use the (left corner) above power settings which shows ethernet and wifi and it shows I am connected to both. It seems HP connected you to ethernet and now you have to find a place where you can get the Wifi working. I found a HP support site that may help https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c05795848. It says you have wifi connectivity using Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi Make sure...
Dec 1, 2019
What OS did it come with?
Possibly FreeDOS?

After the Windows install, did you install the HP drivers for the WiFi?
Yes it was FreeDOS and I downloaded and installed the "Realtek RTL8xxx Wireless LAN Drivers" for my laptop model from the hp website and after they didnt work i downloaded "Intel WLAN Driver" again from there but it also didnt work

Carl2

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I'm using an older HP computer 3.4 Ghz. For the internet I have Verizon and use a gateway which has the modem and router in one package. The gateway is supplied by Verizon and has fairly easy instructions. The setup was done quite a while ago but I'm sure I had to go to two different sites, one for ethernet and one for the wifi. I use the (left corner) above power settings which shows ethernet and wifi and it shows I am connected to both. It seems HP connected you to ethernet and now you have to find a place where you can get the Wifi working. I found a HP support site that may help https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c05795848. It says you have wifi connectivity using Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi Make sure you have the drivers for it and then find the site to connect to.

Solution