Question No signal 2.0

Jan 3, 2022
Hey guys,

So i decided to start upgrading my pc i switched from b250 bazooka to a msi mag b550m bazooka and a new cpu from intel i5 to ryzen 7 3700x everything els Stayed the same.

I am new with building pc's so i went in with youtube as my teacher.

Still not carefull enough i installed te parts and started up pc no signal everything did start. So i forgot to see the mobo is 3rd gen only so i needed a bios update. Since no signal i found out how to update without a screen with a usb.

So i took the second last update for this mobo since the first is a beta.

After update still no signal i tried other screens other cables bought new psu 650w corse.

Tried resetting bios in anyway discribed tried reupdate, tried with without gpu tried clean Just with power connected tried all ram slots all ram sticks one or more, tried everything outside case on a box i think i did it al after spending atleast 48 hours.

I have no extra gpu or cpu for this mobo.

Sofar i get is an bios update with empty board after its done i power down build everything in from psu to ssd cards and sofar it reads the cpu and ram but stops at the vga led light which stays steady white this is the same when i reset bios and without gpu.

Im about to send the mobo back help!

Hey guys,

So i decided to start upgrading my pc i switched from b250 bazooka to a msi mag b550m bazooka and a new cpu from intel i5 to ryzen 7 3700x everything els Stayed the same.

I am new with building pc's so i went in with youtube as my teacher.

Still not carefull enough i installed te parts and started up pc no signal everything did start. So i forgot to see the mobo is 3rd gen only so i needed a bios update. Since no signal i found out how to update without a screen with a usb.

So i took the second last update for this mobo since the first is a beta.

After update still no signal i tried other screens other cables bought new psu 650w corse.

Tried resetting bios in anyway discribed tried reupdate, tried with without gpu tried clean Just with power connected tried all ram slots all ram sticks one or more, tried everything outside case on a box i think i did it al after spending atleast 48 hours.

I have no extra gpu or cpu for this mobo.

Sofar i get is an bios update with empty board after its done i power down build everything in from psu to ssd cards and sofar it reads the cpu and ram but stops at the vga led light which stays steady white this is the same when i reset bios and without gpu.

Im about to send the mobo back help!
Not clear...but Ryzen 3700X is CPU only with no internal GPU. You'll need a discrete GPU to use it at all.

If you DO have a discrete GPU be sure your display is connected to it and not an output port on the motherboard.

If you DO NOT have a discrete GPU try to exchange the 3700X for a 5700G (8 core/16 thread) or 5600G (6/12), they have internal GPU's.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickypicky5
Jan 3, 2022
Hey thanks for a fast replay.

Right now i have

Msi mag b550m bazooka
Ryzen 7 3700x
2x xpg 2400mhz 8gb ram
1x xpg 3000mhz 8gb ram
Msi gtx 1050ti
Corseair 650w psu

I connected from gpu to monitor with DP and hdmi while non updated bios and updated

I connected from onboard graphics with DP and hdmi while non updated bios and updated.

I tried 2 different screens how ever my gpu is seriously old ive cleaned it i opened it i put new paste on it. The hdmi inlet on the gpu is rusty since i used DP al the time.

Both screen works since i can play hdmi tv on it and i tried al monitor display options .

No matter what i do i cant get into a simple bios menu on screen not even with Just mobo power cpu power and hdmi dp to screen.

Jan 3, 2022
I once again started from scratch, i took the mobo out on a box nothing attached took cmos battery out connected 2 pins by screwdriver waited 30 sec.

After that i connected 24 pin and 8 pin and front panel connectors and connected hdmi screen to onboard graphics. Turned it on and nothing happends except for cpu led white light steady.

Should i start adding cpu again and after that a ram stick..and gpu.

I did all this before but im desperate to Just do it again.

Try with just a single RAM stick inserted into the correct RAM slot on your motherboard. The correct RAM slot for one RAM stick will be detailed in your motherboard manual.

UPDATE: It looks like the correct RAM slot for a single stick is DIMMA2, which is the 2nd closest to your CPU. Try the 3000mhz RAM stick first.

UPDATE 2: Make sure you connect your HDMI monitor cable to the 1050ti GPU, not the onboard graphics port.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022
According to the mobo book its the a2 for Just one stick "read the book front to back 1000 times " by now 🤣 ok so power of and 1 stick of ram in i started with the 3000 MHz since it whas adviced to have 3000+ MHz sticks.

Still no screen, btw i did ofcourse put back the battery. " also tried without" no difference

Jan 3, 2022
I did connect hdmi with gpu and DP on one screen, and only hdmi with another screen.

Things im left to do with as far as i know are
  • try dvi cable
  • try an older bios update file " i got second last one now since latest is beta"
  • try different GPU

Im wondering.. i have my cpu ryzen 7 3700x installed with its own heatsink with thise hooks on the side i connected the hooks with the base on the mobo HOWEVER i didnt tighten the lever im afraid to crush the cpu pins.

Could it be that its not making a right connection?

Im wondering.. i have my cpu ryzen 7 3700x installed with its own heatsink with thise hooks on the side i connected the hooks with the base on the mobo HOWEVER i didnt tighten the lever im afraid to crush the cpu pins.

Could it be that its not making a right connection?
Explanation is not clear...

Watch this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP7HsNWSY4o

Jan 3, 2022
today i tried updating bios with the latest update and i tried it with other usb. Nothing changes.

I have mobo on a box with only psu and psi power connected, plug in usb turn the switch on psu, waited 1 minut and pressed flash button. Red light starts blinking and cpu led turns on. After 5 minuts it changes speed reboots and red light goes out. Cpu stays on.

Turn of power take usb out, connect everything, cpu gpu ram, connectors, ssd.

Plug in psu and start up, it starts loading. The led cpu starts steady and ram blinks really fast, im sure that just means the mobo is acknowledging the cpu and ram. After about 15 seconds it jumps from cpu to VGA led and just stays there steady. I get no signal nothing.

I did this proces with different usbs different updates different screens even after the cmos reset i get same result.

Tried update with a fully connected mobo everything is the same result.
Tobad i have no extra gpu to test things.

Time to buy a new one

TRENDING THREADS