Question No signal after boot, not detecting monitor on display port

Kamykaze2019

Prominent
Jul 27, 2020
Hello!
So I have a problem when I connect a philips monitor to my pc with a hdmi to display-port. When the pc starts is shows the motherboard boot scene but when it goes to windows it says no signal. I tried to connect 2 monitors to my video card(rtx 2070), one to hdmi and the other to display port, the hdmi works just fine, but the display-port isn't detected. I tried every kind of solution that I could find online(my cable is working, disconnecting the cable and shutting down the monitor and pc doesn't work, force detecting the monitor from settings doesn't work, I installed every driver that I could think off and uninstalling/reinstalling my gpu drivers doesn't work; i heard that buying a new power source may be a solution but i cant right now), so I hope you can give me some advice.
Th

Kamykaze2019

Prominent
Jul 27, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Make and model monitors? (Noted 1 Philips monitor).

Are you using any video adapters?
OS - Windows 10 Pro
PSU - CP-9020172-EU

processor - cm8068403874404
motherboard - z370p d3
hdd - st2000dm00
ram - AX4U300038G16A-SB10 x2
Video card - N2070WF2-8GD

Monitor - LED VA Philips 23.6",248E9QHSB - main monitor
The second monitor - 32PFS5803/12. Is the one that I connect with the HDMI - DisplayPort cable and that closes after it shows the motherboard's boot up scene. I tried to connect only this monitor but it does the same, I can make it work in safe mode but when I go to windows normally it shows no signal again.
I bought the computer 2 years ago and I don't use a video adapter, I have a single HDMI to DisplayPort cable.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted wire insulation, browning or blackening anywhere, pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, etc..

All in all my thought is that the PSU may starting to falter and fail. Especially if the computer is or has been heavily used for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining.

Is is possible for you to obtain another known working PSU to swap in for testing purposes?

Kamykaze2019

Prominent
Jul 27, 2020
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted wire insulation, browning or blackening anywhere, pinched or kinked wires, swollen components, etc..

All in all my thought is that the PSU may starting to falter and fail. Especially if the computer is or has been heavily used for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining.

Is is possible for you to obtain another known working PSU to swap in for testing purposes?
It's not really an option to change my PSU right now and I don't know anybody with who I can change to test it out. I cleaned my pc recently and I didn't see anything abnormal, I haven't tried removing my RAM and cleaning them yet, the thing is that I tried using another old monitor, besides the other two mentioned, and I had another problem, when I plugged the monitor it started and worked, but only on one monitor, I couldn't make the both work at the same time. So it may be from PSU not supporting 2 monitors at the same time, but I can't really change it to try. If you have another ideas please tell me.